2022 NCAA Tournament First Round
Dates: Saturday, March 19, 2022
Venue: Maravich Center (Baton Rouge, La.)
Game: vs. the winner of Florida State/Missouri State
Roster: Ohio State | Missouri State | Florida State
Bracket | Tournament Central | Tickets
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The NCAA selected the No. 14/15 Ohio State women’s basketball team (23-6, 14-4 Big Ten) as a #6 seed for the upcoming NCAA Tournament as the full bracket of teams was announced on Sunday night. This is the first time that 68 teams will take part in the women’s basketball tournament.
The Buckeyes will face the winner of the opening round game between Missouri State (24-7, 14-4 MVC) and Florida State (17-13, 10-8 ACC). The first-round game will take place on Saturday in Baton Rouge, La. with the time and TV network to be determined.
- This the Buckeyes’ 14th-consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance and 22nd overall appearance being selected as a sixth seed or higher.
- In the Big Ten Tournament, the Buckeyes beat Michigan State in the Big Ten Quarterfinals by a 74-58 margin before falling to Indiana in the semifinals by a 70-62 mark.
- Junior guard Jacy Sheldon was named to the Big Ten All-Tournament team, selected by the media.
- This is Ohio State’s 26th NCAA Tournament appearance. The program holds an overall record of 29-25 in NCAA Tournament games.
- The Buckeyes’ most recent appearance was in 2018 when OSU earned a #3 seed and the chance to host the first two rounds.
- In 2018, Ohio State beat George Washington in the first round by an 87-45 margin before losing to Central Michigan in the second round by a 95-78 margin.
- For the Ohio State NCAA First- and Second-Round games, a limited number of tickets will be made available for purchase to Ohio State women’s basketball season ticket holders.The ticket request periods will begin Sunday after the selection show for all full season ticket holders. All requests for the first and second rounds must be submitted by 10 a.m. Tuesday to be considered.
- Ticket requests will be accepted online only.All eligible ticket holders will receive detailed instructions via email to the address on record in their ticket account. These instructions will include ticket prices, request instructions and mobile ticket information.
- Those with questions may contact the Ohio State Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800-GO-BUCKS. Because of the limited number of tickets received from the NCAA for the first and second rounds, no tickets will be made available to the general public during the initial request period.General fans interested in purchasing tickets may do so HERE.