COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State pistol team opened its 2021 season with a pair of wins. The Buckeyes had an Open score of 6,702 to beat The Citadel (6,194) and Akron (5,994).
Ohio State 6,702 (2,246 air; 2,248 sport; 2,208 standard)
The Citadel 6,194 (2,085 air; 2,120 sport; 1,989 standard)
Akron 5,994 (2,007 air; 2,046 sport; 1,941 standard)
Ohio State 3,270 (1,624 air; 1,646 sport)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jack Leverett took first overall in his Buckeye debut and set a 3-gun aggregate school record. He also placed first in air and standard pistol while finishing second in sport pistol.
- Henry Leverett competed in the first match of his career and came in second overall. He was first in sport pistol, second in standard pistol and third in air pistol.
- Ohio State swept the podium in 3-gun aggregate, open sport pistol, open air pistol and standard pistol.
- Katelyn Abeln posted the highest 2-gun aggregate score of the match, earning her first place in the woman’s category. She claimed the top spot in women’s air and sport pistol.
- Maria Tsarik was second in the women’s events during her first match as a Buckeye.
- Buckeyes swept the top-4 places in women’s 2-gun aggregate and sport.
- All four Buckeyes placed in the top 5 for women’s air.
Ohio State hosts Akon Feb. 13-14.