Nov. 10, 2019
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | 2019 Roster | 2019 Schedule | PDF Box Score | Season Stats | HTML Box
COLUMBUS, Ohio – No. 8 Ohio State (7-11-1, 1-6-1) fell to No. 1 Indiana (13-2-3, 7-1-0), 2-0, in the in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten Tournament in Bloomington on Sunday to end the 2019 campaign.
- Ohio State opened the match putting a lot of stress on the Indiana defense, controlling the pitch and stringing together four shots in the first 12 minutes.
- The Buckeyes maintained control for much of the first half, not allowing the No. 1 seeded Hoosiers to get their first shot off until the 31st minute.
- Despite their few chances, Indiana cashed in on just their second shot to go up 1-0 in the 42nd minute and take the lead at the halfway point.
- Coming out of the break, Ohio State started strong before Devyn Etling was booked with a red card in the 51st minute, disqualifying him and forcing the Buckeyes to play with 10 men for the rest of the match.
- Despite playing down a man, the Buckeye defense shut down the Hoosiers for most of the half, spoiling a number of drives to keep the deficit at one.
- In the 85th minute the Hoosiers gained possession and on an odd man rush sealed the match with their second goal and push the lead to what would be the final score of 2-0.
- Ohio State held Indiana to just 8 shots for the contest.
Shots: Indiana 8, Ohio State 4
Saves: Ohio State 2, Indiana 0
Shots on Goal: Indiana 4, Ohio State 0
Corner Kicks: Indiana 7, Ohio State 2