COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State baseball team (28-25, 6-15 Big Ten) wraps up the 2023 season with a three-game series versus Michigan (26-23, 13-8 Big Ten) May 18-20 at Bill Davis Stadium. Friday will feature postgame fireworks and the Buckeyes will honor the class of 2023 prior to Saturday’s game.
Ticket & Parking Info
- Fans can purchase tickets online at ticketmaster.com or on the TicketMaster app. Tickets can also be purchased at the ticket office at the Schottenstein Center or at Bill Davis Stadium on gameday. The ticket office will open one hour prior to the start of each game. Students can get in free with their BuckID.
- Parking can be found at Bill Davis Stadium and is free of charge.
Last Time Out
- The Buckeyes closed out non-conference play last weekend with a three-game sweep of UNC Greensboro, which extended their win streak to six games.
- Ohio State won game one, 6-1. Matthew Graveline and Henry Kaczmar led the Buckeyes with two hits each and Kaczmar had a team-high three RBIs.
- Gavin Bruni (4-3) earned the win on the mound after a solid outing in which he fanned seven and allowed just one run on five hits in 6.0 innings pitched.
- In a seven-inning game two, the Buckeyes were once again victorious, defeating the Spartans, 5-1. Nick Erwin and Trey Lipsey recorded a team-best two hits each for the Buckeyes.
- Jonah Jenkins (5-4) was the winning pitcher. He struck out four and allowed one run on five hits in 6.0 innings tossed.
- Ohio State won game three, 9-2, to secure the series sweep. Marcus Ernst led the team in that game with three hits and Caden Kaiser batted in a team-high three runs.
- Justin Eckhardt (4-3) picked up the win on the mound. He struck out three in 3.0 scoreless innings. He walked just one and did not give up any hits.
Ohio State Quick Hitters
- The Buckeyes are currently on their second-longest win streak of the season, having won six straight games. Ohio State won seven straight games March 5-17.
- Tyler Pettorini leads the Buckeyes at the plate, batting .319. He has recorded 45 hits, including a team-high three triples, and has driven in 25. He is a perfect 6-for-6 in stolen bases.
- Henry Kaczmar has recorded a team-high 58 hits on the season and leads the team in RBIs with 42.
- Matthew Graveline leads the Buckeyes in runs scored with 42.
- Mitchell Okuley has hit a team-high eight homeruns. Cole Andrews has recorded seven homers.
- Isaiah Coupet (3-3) leads the Buckeye pitching staff with a 3.55 ERA. He has fanned 65 in 45.2 innings pitched.
- Jonah Jenkins (5-4) has made 18 appearances, including five starts, on the mound this season. He has fanned 40 through 51.0 innings pitched and has an ERA of 3.71.
- Gavin Bruni (4-3) has struck out 61 batters in 51.1 innings tossed. He has an ERA of 5.08.
- Landon Beidelschies (0-2) has recorded seven saves on the season. He has an ERA of 4.30 and has struck out 43 in 29.1 innings pitched.
- Nolan Clegg (1-1) has made the most mound appearances for the Buckeyes with 31. He has fanned 37 in 37.0 innings and has an ERA of 5.11.
- The Wolverines are 26-23 overall and 13-8 in conference play entering the weekend.
- Jonathan Kim leads Michigan at the plate, batting .339.
- Ted Burton is batting .303 and he leads the Wolverines in hits (56), homeruns (12) and RBIs (40).
- Cody Jefferis is a perfect 14-for-14 in stolen bases and he leads the team in runs scored with 43.
- On the mound, Connor O’Halloran (8-4) leads the pitching staff with an ERA of 3.30. He has fanned 98 in 92.2 innings pitched and has also tossed one complete game.
- Noah Rennard (6-3) has struck out 60 in 64.1 innings pitched and has an ERA of 4.34.
- Mitch Voit (3-1) leads the Wolverines in saves with five. He has made 17 appearances and has struck out 20 batters in 29.1 innings pitched. Voit has an ERA of 3.38.