Nov. 28, 2017
Ohio State Buckeyes (5-2) vs. Clemson Tigers (5-1)
|Date:||Nov. 29, 2017|
|Site:||Value City Arena (18,809)|
|Talent:|| Jason Benetti (Play-By-Play)
Dan Dakich (Expert Analysis)
|Radio:||OSU-IMG Sports Network (63 stations)|
|Satellite Radio:||Sirius 81/ XM 81|
|Local Radio:||WBNS-FM 97.1, AM-1460|
|Radio Talent:|| Paul Keels (Play-By-Play)
Ron Stokes (Expert Analysis)
Starting Five, Plus One
• C.J. Jackson led the Buckeyes with an average of 18.0 points a game in the PK80 event in Portland. He also made 13 of 14 foul shots (.929) and set a career high in scoring with 23 points in the win vs. Stanford. Junior Keita Bates-Diop (13.7 ppg.) and senior Jae’Sean Tate (11.7 ppg.) also averaged double digits.
• Ohio State is in the middle of one of the most difficult early-season stretches of games in recent history. The Buckeyes returned early Monday morning from Portland, Oregon, where they participated in the PK80 Invitational against No. 17 Gonzaga Nov. 23, Stanford Nov. 24 and Butler last Sunday. Ohio State takes on Clemson Wednesday before traveling Friday to Wisconsin for Big Ten battle with the Badgers Saturday. Ohio State then returns home to take on Michigan next Monday.
• Evan Turner, who was Ohio State’s 38th Hall of Fame inductee a season ago, was recognized Sept. 9 during Ohio State’s matchup with Oklahoma on the gridiron for his donation of $500,000 to the men’s basketball program. The donation will be used for graphics and to name the hallway outside the men’s basketball practice facility. Turner was the National Player of the Year in college basketball in 2010 and was the No. 2 pick in the NBA Draft that year (Philadelphia).
• Keita Bates-Diop opened the season with three-consecutive double-doubles (10+Pts/10+Rebs) vs. Robert Morris, Radford and Texas Southern. Bates-Diop has 11 career D-Ds and five this season after recording a pair in Portland at the PK80 event.
• Keita-Bates Diop needs three rebounds to reach 400 for his career…he’s averaging 10.3 boards a game this season…Jae’Sean Tate is 10 points shy of 1,200 career points…he’s averaging 13.7 points a game this season and 11.7 ppg. for his career…he also is two made foul shots shy of 200 made for his career (198-363/.545)…Tate’s nine points vs. Butler broke a string of five-consecutive games with 10 or more points…C.J. Jackson has five games this season with 10 or more points, including in each of the last four games…he tallied a career-high 23 points vs. Stanford last Friday before a 19-point effort vs. Butler.
• Tate is one of just three players in the NCAA this season to make every field goal attempt in a game in which they took double-digit shots after connecting on all 10 field goal attempts vs. Northeastern…Tate is tied for 16th nationally in field goal percentage (.556) among players 6-4 or shorter…Tate is eighth nationally and second among Power 5 conference players 6-4 or shorter with 7.3 rebounds per game… Keita Bates-Diop is tied for third nationally with five double-doubles.
For more on the Buckeyes click on the Ohio State Notes link above.