Ohio State vs. Ball State
Dates: March 15/18
Times: 7 p.m. (ET)/Both
Venues: Worthen Arena/Covelli Center
Live Stats: OhioStateBuckeyes.com
Game Notes: Ohio State | Ball State | MIVA
Rosters: Ohio State | Ball State
Season Stats: Ohio State | Ball State | MIVA | NCAA
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State (11-8, 4-2) returns to Midwestern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association competition this week with a pair of matches vs. Ball State. The Buckeyes travel to Muncia, Indiana, Wednesday for a 7 p.m. contest (ESPN+) at Worthen Arena. The teams will then face off in Columbus Saturday (7 p.m./B1G+) at the Covelli Center.
- Jacob Pasteur owns the No. 19 spot all-time at Ohio State with 880 career kills. He has 254 this year in 19 matches. Jose Rivera (900/1996-00) is up next at No. 18 on the career kills list.
- At No. 8 BYU last weekend, Pasteur lead the Buckeyes with 38 kills, 16 digs and 44 points in a pair of down-to-the-wire setbacks to the Cougars (1-3, 2-3).
- Pasteur was named the MIVA Offensive Player of the Week after he added 28 kills to his season total in a 3-1 win at Purdue Fort Wayne and at No. 13 Loyola Chicago (L, 0-3). He also added 16 digs, two aces and six blocks. In a 3-2 loss to Lindenwood, Pasteur had a career-high 25 kills to go with a career-best 17 digs.
- The then-No. 10 Buckeyes spit matches on the road at Purdue Fort Wayne (W, 3-1) and at No. 13 Loyola Chicago (L, 3-0). Ohio State continued with matches away from home at Quincy (W, 3-0) and at Lindenwood (L, 2-3). Ohio State is in a stretch of seven-of-eight games away from home.
- No. 11 Ohio State opened MIVA play with a 2-0 record after knocking off McKendree, 3-1, and Lewis, 3-0, in Columbus. Samuel Clark led the Buckeyes with 35 kills in the wins. Noah Platfoot added 81 assists and 23 digs.
- Clark and Platfoot swept the MIVA offensive and defensive, respectively, players of the week for the efforts vs. the Bearcats and Flyers.
- The No 13 Buckeyes split a pair of matches at the 2023 Big Ten/Pac 12 Challenge at Penn State. Ohio State opened with a 3-1 loss to No. 2 UCLA before rebounding to knock off No. 10 USC, 3-1.
- No. 13 Ohio State swept Princeton in back-to-back matches before heading to State College. The Buckeyes battled the Tigers in Columbus to 3-1 and 3-2 wins. Ohio State is 7-1 at home this year.
- Pasteur led Ohio State with 31 kills in the two matches vs. UCLA and USC. He hit .290 with three aces, 22 digs, four blocks and 37 points.
Freshman Shane Wetzel, playing in his first two matches, led the Buckeyes with 23 kills, six aces, 10 digs for a team-best 31.5 points in wins over Maryville and Missouri S&T.
- Ohio State split its matches at the 2023 Patriot Invitational vs. No. 9 Grand Canyon (L, 2-3) and vs. George Mason (W, 3-1) Jan. 14-15 in Fairfax, Virginia. Jacob Pasteur lead with 33 kills to go with 35 points. Samuel Clark was next with 30 kills and a team best 39.5 points.
Samuel Clark was named the first Midwestern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association Offensive Player of the Week after leading the Buckeyes with 26 kills in the opening two games of the season. He hit .400 for the weekend and led with 31.5 points.
- Clark and junior Jacob Pasteur were named to the 2023 Preseason All-MIVA squad. Pasteur led Ohio State a year ago in sets played (104), kills (417), total attacks (808) and aces (38). He was second in total blocks with 59.
- Clark played in 103 sets in 2022 with 377 kills, 796 attacks, 35 aces and 42 blocks.
- The Buckeyes are 101-91 all-time vs. Ball State. The Cardinals are on a four-match win streak with Ohio State’s last win (3-2)coming Feb. 27, 2021 in Muncie, Indiana.