Mountain View Collegiate
Dates: March 17-19, 2023
Course: Mountain View Golf Course
Par/Yardage: Par 72 – 6,352 yards
Format: Play 5, Count 4
Tee Times: 18 holes each day, 7:45 a.m. MST shotgun start on Sunday
Teams: Ohio State, Arkansas, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico State, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Texas, San Jose State, Southern Miss, TCU, Tulsa, Wisconsin, UNLV
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 22 Ohio State women’s golf team heads back to Arizona to compete in the Mountain View Collegiate, co-hosted by Missouri and Kansas State at Mountain View Golf Club, March 17-19.
- The Buckeyes are coming off an exciting second-place finish at the Westbrook Invite. The team shot a 54-hole score of 850 (-14).
- In the final round of the Westbrook Invite, the Buckeyes set a team record, shooting the best 18-hole round in program history with a 276 (-12).
- Caley McGinty won the tournament, earning her first individual title as a Buckeye. It is her sixth overall collegiate win. McGinty shot under par in each round, turning in a 70 (-2) in both the first and second round and a season-best round of 67 (-5) in the final round. She finished with a total score of 207 (-9) and was the first player carrying the Folds of Honor bag to win a tournament. McGinty was named Big Ten Co-Golfer of the Week following her performance.
- Kary Hollenbaugh, Lauren Peter and Jillian Bourdage all show career-low rounds in the final round of competition. Hollenbaugh and Peter both fired a 67 (-5) and Bourdage shot 68 (-4).
- The lineup for this week’s tournament is Kary Hollenbaugh, McGinty, Aneka Seumanutafa, Peter and Bourdage. Seumanutafa will carry the Folds of Honor bag.
- McGinty is averaging a team-best score of 73 per 18 holes and Hollenbaugh is second on the team with an average score of 73.89.
- Peter’s average 18-hole score is a 74.06. Seumanutafa averages 74.73 and Bourdage is averaging a 75.93.
- Ohio State is participating in the Folds of Honor Military Tribute Program for the second season. Folds of Honor honors military heroes lost or wounded in action. This season, the Buckeyes will honor Army Maj. Michael J. Donahue. Each week, a member of the OSU team will carry a bag bearing his name that will be auctioned off at the end of the spring season to benefit the Folds of Honor program.
- The Buckeyes play in the Silverado Showdown at Silverado Country Club & Resort in Napa, Calif. April 3-5.