Wolverine Invitational | University of Michigan Golf Course
Dates: Sept. 13-14, 2021
Course: University of Michigan Golf Course – Ann Arbor, Michigan
Par/Yardage: Par 71 – 6,232 yards
Live Scoring: Golfstat
Format: Play 5, Count 4
Tee Times: Monday (36) and Tuesday (18) — Shotgun start at 8:45 a.m. both days
Teams: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State, Kent State, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, Nebraska, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Toledo, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Washington, Xavier
Team Results (Rds. 1-2) | Ind. Leaderboard | Tuesday Tee Sheet | 2021-22 Schedule | OSU/Folds of Honor
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State women’s golf team improved by 11 strokes in Round Two over its First Round score of 299 to end the day in the No. 8 spot at the Wolverine Invitational at the University of Michigan Golf Course Monday in Ann Arbor. The Buckeyes shot 288 in Round Two behind a 5-under 66 from junior Aneka Seumanutafa, after an opening round of 74. She is in the No. 3 spot individually after two rounds.
- Ohio State’s lineup at the first fall event of the season consisted of Seumanutafa, Kristin Jamieson, Lauren Peter, Faith Choi and Jillian Bourdage. Alexis Phadungmartvorakul competed as an individual.
- Seumanutafa recorded six birdies in the second round with just one bogey for a score of 66 (-5), the fourth career round in the 60s for the junior from Emmitsburg, Maryland.
- The Buckeyes were ninth after Round One with Jamieson leading the way with an even-par 71. Seumanutafa posted a 3-over 74 ahead of Bourdage (+4/36) and a pair of 79s (+8) by Choi and Peter. Phadungmartvorakul posted a score of 79 as well while playing as an individual.
- Michigan leads the event after two rounds at 2 under par (280-282=562)
- The Buckeyes are participating in the Folds of Honor program this year to honor military heros lost or wounded in action. Each week a member of the Buckeyes will carry a bag that will be auctioned after the spring season to benefit the Folds of Honor program. This week Seumanutafa is carrying the designated golf bag after winning the team qualifier last week. The player carrying the bag each week will be indicated by (FOH) in tournament lineup and score graphics.
- The Buckeyes returned their Top 5 scorers from last year: Jamieson, Peter, Seumanutafa, Skyler Thompson and Kailie Vongsaga. Seumanutafa led the way (72.53) and was a First Team All-Big Ten selection in the spring of 2021.
- Bourdage and Emily Hummer sat out last season as redshirts. The Buckeyes added transfer Phadungmartvorakul from Oregon along with true freshman Choi of Frederick, Maryland.
- Seumanutafa, Peter, Vongsaga, Jamieson and Thompson played in all seven events a year ago.
- This week is the first of four fall events. The Buckeyes travel to the Mason Rudolph (Vanderbilt/Sept. 24-26); host the Barbara Nicklaus Cup (Oct. 4-5 at Muirfield Village GC) and finish at the Tar Heel Invitational (UNC/Oct. 15-17).
- The Spring portion of the schedule gets underway with Big Ten Match Play (Jan. 31-Feb. 1) in Palm Harbor, Florida.
|T59 (Ind.)||Alexis Phadungmartvorakul||79-73-77=229||+16