TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Ohio State closed out its two-day tri-meet with Alabama and Texas on Saturday. The No. 13 men’s team picked up a win over No. 2 Texas, 189.00-164.00, and defeated No. 14 Alabama, 230.00-123.00. The No. 5 women downed the No. 6 Crimson Tide, 220.00-133.00, and narrowly fell the No. 2 Longhorns, 196.00-157.00.
Men’s Meet Notes
- The Buckeyes handed Texas its first dual meet loss since the Longhorns fell to N.C. State in February of 2019.
- Lyle Yost won the men’s 3-meter dive with an NCAA Zones qualifying score of 408.60. Mo Noaman (365.40) placed fourth and Jack Matthews (334.60) placed seventh; both scores are NCAA Zones qualifying scores.
- The relay team of Thomas Watkins, Pete Krusinski, Alex Quach and Ruslan Gaziev won the 400 medley relay, finishing in 3:09.69.
- Gaziev placed first in the 100 free with an NCAA B cut time of 43.37.
- Watkins won the 200 back, finishing in an NCAA B standard time of 1:42.67.
- Billy Regan (2:01.82) and Karl Helmuth (2:02.30) finished seventh and eighth, respectively, in the 200 breast.
- Charlie Clark swam the 500 free in an NCAA B cut time of 4:21.38 to place second. Alex Axon placed third with a time of 4:25.05.
- Quach won the 100 fly with a time of 46.34, which is an NCAA B standard time. Chachi Gustafson (48.10) placed second.
- Watkins finished sixth in the 200 IM with a time of 1:48.71.
- The relay team of Quach, James Ward, Daniel Baltes and Gaziev won the 200 free relay, finishing in 1:18.67.
Women’s Meet Notes
- In the 400 medley relay, the team of Tristan Harrison, Josephine Panitz, Katherine Zenick and Amy Fulmer placed second with a time of 3:36.26.
- Lena Hentschel placed fourth in the 1-meter dive with an overall score of 285.05 and Jackie Brenn placed sixth with a score of 277.65. Both are NCAA Zones qualifying scores.
- Fulmer finished second in the 100 free with a time of 48.81 and Zenick placed third with a time of 49.34. Both times are NCAA B standard times.
- Felicia Pasadyn’s NCAA B cut time of 1:55.77 in the 200 back earned her a second place finish.
- Panitz placed second in the the 200 breast, swimming the event in an NCAA B standard time of 2:11.46.
- Pasadyn (4:47.77) and Maya Geringer (4:52.22) finished second and third in the 500 free, respectively.
- Ciara McGing turned in an NCAA Zones qualifying score of 294.90 in the 3-meter dive and placed sixth.
- Zenick finished third in the 100 fly with an NCAA B standard time of 53.33.
- Pasadyn placed second in the 200 IM, finishing in 1:59.64.
- The Buckeyes won the 200 free relay, with the team of Zenick, Teresa Ivan, Nyah Funderburke and Fulmer turning in a time of 1:29.22.
- The Buckeyes head to Ann Arbor to take on TTUN on Saturday, Jan. 21.