COLUMBUS – A top-10 matchup. A pivotal game in the Big Ten standings. Senior Day. National television. Saturday inside of Ohio Stadium promises to have a little bit of everything as No. 7 Ohio State hosts No. 2 Maryland at 1 p.m. live on BTN.
BASICS ON THE BUCKEYES
|Record||8-2, 1-2 B1G|
|Goals Per Game||12.20|
|Opponent Goals Per Game||10.60|
|Shots Per Game||38.1|
|Opponent Shots Per Game||37.6|
|Opponent Shot Percentage||.282|
|Face Off Percentage||.585|
|USILA Coaches Poll Rank||No. 7|
|Inside Lacrosse Media Poll Rank||No. 9|
THE CLASS OF 2019
This year’s senior class has been a part of 39 victories to date since 2016 and has helped the Buckeyes earn berths to the Big Ten Tournament in both 2017 and 2018. Off the field, they’ve produced multiple Big Ten Distinguished Scholars, OSU Scholar-Athletes and Academic All-Big Ten members. Two of this year’s seniors – Matt Borges and Jack Jasinski – were selected in the Major League Lacrosse Draft.
• Brandon Baker – A fourth year, junior Brandon Barker is from Pittsford, N.Y. and majoring in sport industry. He’s played in eight games this year with four ground balls and two caused turnovers.
• Matt Borges – A native of Garden City, N.Y., Matt Borges has been a mainstay at defense for Ohio State since his freshman season. Borges has started 46 consecutive games and has 105 ground balls and 36 caused turnovers in his 61-game career. A captain and Senior CLASS Award candidate, Borges is a finance major who is an Academic All-Big Ten and OSU Scholar-Athlete honoree.
• Lukas Buckley – A fourth year junior, Buckley has played in 46 career games with 26 goals, 19 assists and 45 points. His eight assists this season is a career high. A finance major, Buckley was a Big Ten Distinguished Scholar last year for having a 3.7 or better grade-point average during the 2017-18 school year.
• Chase Bunce – Bunce is also a Big Ten Distinguished Scholar who had a 3.7 or better GPA during the 2017-18 school year. An accounting major and native of San Jose, Calif., he is a four-time OSU Scholar-Athlete and two-time Academic All-Big Ten honoree.
• Jack Jasinski – From Birmingham, Ala., Jack Jasinski is a veteran of 59 games with 95 points (60 goals, 35 assists). He’s currently the Buckeyes’ second-leading scorer with 30 points this season (20 goals, 10 assists) and has at least one point in 21 of the last 22 games. Jasinski is an exercise science education major.
• Carter Kistler – Kistler is an OSU Scholar-Athlete and Agribusiness and Applied Economics major who is from Columbus. Kistler’s taken seven face-offs in his career, most recently this season at Hofstra.
• Brian Lang – From Hicksville, N.Y., Brian Lang will graduate with a degree in finance. An OSU Scholar-Athlete, he played in a pair of games during the Buckeyes’ 2017 season that ended with a trip to the national championship game.
• Logan Maccani – Maccani, a native of Shoreview, Minn., is a captain for the 2019 Buckeyes and has played in all 61 games over the last four years. A four-time OSU Scholar-Athlete and two-time Academic All-Big Ten honoree, he has 72 ground balls and 26 caused turnovers in his career to go along with five goals and seven assists from the defensive midfield position.
HISTORY WITH THE TERRAPINS
• Ohio State and Maryland will be meeting for the eighth time since the formation of Big Ten lacrosse in 2015. The Buckeyes own three victories in that time over the Terrapins, including a 12-10 decision last season in College Park. It was the Buckeyes’ first-ever win on the road against the nation’s No. 1-ranked team.
• In 2015 and 2017, Ohio State and Maryland face each other in both the regular season and Big Ten Tournament. The 2017 season also included a meeting in the national championship game at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass.
• Five of the last seven meetings between Ohio State and Maryland have been decided by two goals or less.
CAREER VS. MARYLAND
• In five career games against Maryland, Jack Jasinski has nine total points on three goals and six assists. Last year in College Park, he dished out a career-high five assists and also scored twice.
• Tre Leclaire has five career goals in four games, including three in the Big Ten Tournament title game as a freshman in 2017.
• Sophomore Justin Inacio won 17 of 26 face-offs against the Terps last year, including 10 in a row during the second and third quarters and went on to earn Big Ten Specialist of the Week honors.
EXCELLENCE IN THE X
• Ohio State’s Justin Inacio will face off against a top-10 ranked specialist in the X for the third week in a row.
• In the last two games vs. Penn State’s Gerald Arceri and Johns Hopkins’ Kyle Prouty, Inacio’s more than held his own. He’s 26-of-49 (.530) with 13 ground balls. Arceri and Prouty are current No. 9 and No. 10, respectively, in win percentage.
THE BIG TEN ERA
• Since Big Ten lacrosse began in 2015, Ohio State and Maryland are the two winnigest programs in the conference. The Buckeyes are 51-29 while Maryland is 72-16.
• Ohio State’s 12-11 conference record since 2015 is the third-best in the conference.
• The Buckeyes own wins over every team in the league since 2015 and multiple wins over four teams.
|Most Wins in Big Ten (overall) Since 2015|