COLUMBUS, Ohio The Big Ten Network announced today it will televise seven 2009 Big Ten Conference championships during a five-week span from March 1 through April 4. The championships schedule includes men’s and women’s gymnastics, men’s and women’s swimming and diving, men’s and women’s indoor track and field and wrestling.
The schedule of winter championship events televised by the Big Ten Network includes the following:
- The coverage begins at noon ET on Sunday, March 1, with the Big Ten Women’s Swimming and Diving Championships from the campus of the University of Michigan.
- The Big Ten Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships will appear at 11 AM ET on Saturday, March 7, from West Lafayette, Ind.
- Sunday, March 8, will be Championship Sunday on the Big Ten Network beginning with a live, three-hour presentation of the Big Ten Wrestling Championships beginning at 2 PM ET from State College, Pa.
- At 7 PM ET Sunday, March 8, some of the nation’s best athletes will be featured at the Big Ten Men’s Indoor Track and Field Championships, hosted by Penn State.
- Coverage continues at 8 PM ET on Wednesday, March 11, with the Big Ten Women’s Indoor Track and Field Championships from Indiana University.
- The Big Ten Network will televise the Big Ten Women’s Gymnastics Championships live at 3 PM ET on Saturday, March 21, from the campus of the University of Illinois.
- The network will have live coverage of the Big Ten Men’s Gymnastics Championships on back-to-back nights at 7 PM ET on Friday, April 3, and Saturday, April 4, from Ann Arbor, Mich.
“These events are the crowning moments for hundreds of dedicated Big Ten student-athletes and we’re proud to put their achievements on a national stage for everyone to see,” network president Mark Silverman said.
Click on the attached pdf to view the Big Ten Network release about its 2009 winter championship coverage.