17/16 Ohio State vs. 7/7 Maryland
Date: Jan. 25, 2021
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Venue: Columbus, Ohio – Value City Arena
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Game Notes: Ohio State | Maryland
COLUMBUS, Ohio – No. 17 Ohio State will look for a second consecutive win over a ranked team when it hosts No. 7 Maryland on Monday night. Be ready for a track meet as both teams are in the Top 10 in the country in scoring. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. and the game will be televised on ESPN2.
- Perennial Big Ten title contenders Ohio State and Maryland are meeting on Monday for the 18th time overall and for the 12th time as Big Ten foes.
- Monday’s game between the one-loss teams figures to be another high-scoring affair as both teams are in the Top 10 nationally in scoring. Maryland leads the country at 92.5 ppg while Ohio State is ninth at 85.0.
- Ohio State is coming off a big win over rival Michigan on Thursday, overcoming a 50-point effort by Michigan’s Naz Hillmon in an 81-77 victory. The Buckeyes are 8-1 which is still the best start to a season since the 2011-12 team won the first 15 games of that season.
- Maryland comes into the game at 11-1 overall and a perfect 7-0 in the conference. The Terrapins haven’t played since a 79-70 win at Wisconsin on Jan. 17. That was Maryland’s second-lowest scoring output of the season. Monday’s game will also be the third consecutive on the road for the Terrapins as their home game last Thursday with Iowa was postponed.
- All five Ohio State starters are averaging in double figures, led by sophomore guard Jacy Sheldon at 17.7 ppg. The Dublin, Ohio native has 10 or more points in each of the last 15 games dating back to last season. Sheldon’s three with less than a minute to play against Michigan gave the Buckeyes a two-point lead that they would never relinquish.
- Junior Dorka Juhasz missed more than a month of action but returned to the lineup and has scored in double figures in each game. She is averaging 16.3 ppg and 10.2 rpg.
- Juhasz is just 175 points away from 1,000 in her career.
- Point guard Madison Greene is third on the team in scoring at 14.0 ppg and leads the team with 37 assists and 16 steals.
- Forward Aaliyah Patty missed the Michigan game with a shoulder injury. That was the first game in her career that she has missed.
- Braxtin Miller has been the team’s heart and soul so far this season. She is averaging 10.6 ppg and led the team with a season-high eight rebounds in the win over Michigan.