TEXAS TECH RESULTS | INDIANA RELAYS RESULTS
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State track and field team competed at the Texas Tech Open & Multis and the Indiana Relays on Friday.
TEXAS TECH TRACK
- In the women’s 60m, Leah Bertrand had the fourth-fastest time in the qualifying rounds with a personal-best 7.42. She had another personal-best in the prelims, finishing sixth (7.36), and a third-personal best in the finals (7.33), finishing fifth.
- Bryannia Murphy (53.64) and Alyssa Marsh (53.75) finished third and fourth, respectively, in the women’s 400m among 69 runners who started the race.
- In a field of 51 runners who finished the men’s 400m, Antonio Hanson won his heat and finished seventh overall (47.59).
- Marcia Sey (8.29) and Janela Spencer (8.40) both qualified for the finals of the 60m hurdles on the women’s side, finishing fourth and sixth, respectively. Sey finished fourth (8.30) and Spencer finished fifth (8.31) in the finals.
- Oscar Smith had the fourth-fastest qualifying time (7.87) on the men’s side of the 60m hurdles. Smith finished fourth (7.91) in the finals as well.
TEXAS TECH FIELD
- In the men’s B section of the pole vault, Reo Ogundare cleared a personal-best 5.09m to finish second. This was the same height as the winner. Daniel Drellishak also had a personal-best (4.79), finishing 10th.
- In the B section of the men’s long jump, Shacquille Lowe finished fourth with a personal-best jump of 7.35m.
- AnneMarie Moses finished sixth (3.73m) in the B section of the women’s pole vault.
TEXAS TECH HEPTATHLON
- Leo Uusimaki began the heptathlon with a personal-best 6.86 in the 60m, finishing third overall and just 0.02 behind the winner.
- Uusimaki finished fifth in the 60m hurdles (8.12), just 0.02 seconds behind his career-best.
- He earned his second personal-best of the competition with a 13.31m shot put throw, finishing ninth in the event.
INDIANA RELAYS (THROWS)
- Carlos Aviles led three Buckeye men in the weight throw, finishing eighth overall (19.14m).
- Lacey Stringer led a trio of Buckeyes in the women’s weight throw with a best throw of 16.90m to finish third in her flight and 16th
Ohio State wraps up competition at the Texas Tech Open & Multis and the Indiana Relays on Saturday.