SARASOTA, Fla. – The game scheduled for Thursday night at 7:30 p.m. between Ohio State and Army has been cancelled. Heavy rains swept through the region overnight causing the cancellation of all games hosted by IMG Academies and Manatee C.C. That leaves just one more game on the Buckeyes’ spring trip: Friday at 2 p.m. against the Kansas Jayhawks. Jake Hale, 0-0 on the year, will make his second start of the season.
Buckeye Bits and Pieces from Florida:
- Dan DeLucia has climbed to eighth on the career innings pitched chart with 285.2.
- Rory Meister has moved into third place in all-time appearances with 83.
- Four freshmen pitchers have multiple appearances: Alex Wimmers (7), Drew Rucinski (5), Dean Wolosiansky (4) and Andrew Armstrong (2). All but Wolosiansky are true freshmen.
- Cory Kovanda and J.B. Shuck lead the team with seven multi-hit games apiece.
- Cory Rupert and Justin Miller lead the team with six and five multi-RBI games, respectively.
- Brian DeLucia (vs. Arkansas State), Shuck (vs. Louisiana Tech), Dan Burkhart (vs. Harvard) and Ryan Meade (vs. Dartmouth) each have four-hit games this season.
- Tony Kennedy has a 14-game hitting streak and Meade has a 10-game streak.
- Dan DeLucia struck out a career-high 10 batters in his win over Bradley.
- Kennedy has thrown out two runners at home plate and he has three outfield assists total.
- Five Buckeyes led by Rupert (15-for-28; .536 avg.) and Ryan Meade (15-of-32; .469) are hitting .400 or above with runners on base. Justin Miller (.412), Kennedy (.407) and Kovanda (.400) are the others.
- With runners in scoring position, Rupert’s average climbs to .588.