COLUMBUS, Ohio – Four student-athletes represented the Buckeyes at the 2022 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships in Eugene, Ore. this week.
- Adelaide Aquilla finished second in the women’s shot put with a best throw of 19.45m to qualify to represent the United States in the world championships. Aquilla had two throws go further than 19 meters as 19.45m was the second-best throw of her career.
- Anavia Battle had the sixth-fastest time overall in the first round of the women’s 200m (22.57) to advance to the semifinals. Battle finished 14th in the semifinals with a time of 22.72.
- Jaimie Robinson advanced to the finals of the triple jump by finishing eighth (13.10m) through the first three jumps. She remained in eighth in the finals.
- In the men’s 400m, Tyler Johnson finished fourth in his heat and 15th overall (46.19) in the first round to qualify for the semifinals. He improved his time to 46.02 in the semifinals to finish 14th
- Battle finished sixth in her heat and 29th overall in the first round of the 100m (11.45).