Jan. 22, 2018
If recent history is any indication, the game Monday night between Ohio State and Maryland in College Park will go a long way to deciding this season’s Big Ten champion.
- The teams are tied atop the Big Ten standings at 5-1
- Each of the last three seasons, either Ohio State or Maryland has won the Big Ten regular season title
- In 2015, Maryland won the regular season meeting and went on to the title
- In 2016, the Buckeyes won both meetings during the regular season but Maryland would come back to claim the title in the year’s final week.
- Last year, the Buckeyes blitzed the Terrapins in Columbus in the teams’ only meeting and the teams would finish the regular season as co-champions
- Ohio State has won the last three meetings in the series including its last trip to College Park
- Maryland has lost just four times to Big Ten opponents since joining the conference prior to the 2014-15 season. Three of those losses have come at the hands of the Buckeyes.
- Each of the last five games have been decided by 10 points or fewer with the lone exception being last year’s meeting when the Buckeyes shot 63 percent and won 98-87.
Watch the game live tonight at 7 p.m. on ESPN2.