COLUMBUS, Ohio The Ohio State women’s diving team face off with Miami on Friday at 5 p.m. at the McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion. The men’s swimming and diving team will also compete, while the women’s swimming team is off this week.
OHIO STATE DIVER DATA
Coach Vince Panzano has assembled another strong corps of divers for the Buckeyes, even with possible red-shirt seasons upcoming for senior Wes Wieser, a two-time Big Ten champion and an All-American, and sophomore Bianca Alvarez, a national runner-up last season on the 3-meter springboard. The returnees include:
- Junior Burkley Showe, an honorable mention All-American in 2007 and a Big Ten champ on the 1-meter board. He red-shirted last season.’
- Junior Ryan Jefferson, an NCAA qualifier in 2008 on both the 1- and 3-meter boards and a 2007 Big Ten runner-up on 1-meter.
- Sophomore Sean Moore, the reigning NCAA 10-meter platform champion with an NCAA record score of 478.20 points.
- Senior Chelsea Davis, a two-time All-American and the reigning NCAA champion on the 3-meter springboard.
- Sophomore Kristen Asman, a 2008 NCAA All-American on platform who also competed on both springboard events at the NCAA championships.
- Sophomore Katie Bell, who is coming off a red-shirt season and is one of the finest 10-meter platform divers in the nation.
The Buckeyes take to the road and take on Cleveland State Nov. 25 at 5 p.m.