COLUMBUS, Ohio Members of the Ohio State University soccer team have had numerous and terrific opportunities to travel to faraway and exciting places while playing the sport they all love. For instance:
- In 2008 after their senior year of high school, freshmen Paige Maxwell and Liz Sullivan played in and around Paris, France over the course of two weeks with their ODP regional team.
- After her sophomore season at Ohio State in 2007, Ashley Bowyer played in three games with the U.S. Under-20 National Team in College Station, Texas vs. BYU, SMU and Texas A&M.
- Emily Esbrook, Colleen Brady, Maxwell and coach Lori Walker were in Rio de Janeiro as part of a Region II ODP tour in 2007. Maxwell called this trip “the best ever.”
- In 2006 Lisa Collison, playing for the Canadian Under-20 National Team, scored two goals and had two assists during the CONCACAF tournament in Veracruz, Mexico. She then helped her team to the silver medal at the Pan American Games in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, where she scored her first international goal.
- Genna Brand represented the United States in the Maccabiah Games in Tel Aviv, Israel, in 2005 and was the leading scorer, earning the Golden Boot, as the U.S. team won the gold medal.
- Ali Schwach also played for the gold medal-winning U.S. team at the 2005 Maccabiah Games in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Also in 2005, Cassie Dickerson and Courtney Jenkins played in Europe with their ODP Region II team. Among their stops: Paris, France.
- Lauren Steuer played for the Region II ODP team between 2002-04 that played in a European tour through Germany, Holland and Australia and another tour through Costa Rica.
Click on the attached photo album to see where around the globe some of the current Buckeyes have played. The photo album will be updated as additional images are acquired, so check back often!