COLUMBUS, Ohio – No. 24 Ohio State dropped a hard-fought battle to Wisconsin, 3-1, Saturday afternoon at Buckeye Field to even up the Big Ten series at 1-1. The Buckeyes are 20-8 (1-4 B1G) while the Badgers stand at 16-12 (2-1 B1G).
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wisconsin opened the scoring in the top of the third on back-to-back solo home runs by Brooke Wyderski and Taylor Johnson.
- Emily Clark got the Buckeyes in the game on a RBI single in the home half of the third. Taylor White singled to the second baseman and Lilli Piper doubled to left field to put a pair of runners in scoring position. Clark hit the ball hard up the middle to plate White and split the Badgers’ lead, 2-1.
- With runners on the corners, the Badgers scored on an error for the final 3-1 tally.
IN THE CIRCLE
Kat Duvall was tagged with her first loss after she allowed two runs and seven hits with two strikeouts in 3.1 innings. Morgan Ray tossed 3.2 innings of relief for one run and one hit. She fanned three batters and recorded her 100th strikeout of the season in the top of the fifth.
- Bailee Sturgeon and Shelby McCombs both had a single. Sturgeon also stole her first base of 2018.
- Becca Gavin roped a double, her second of the season.
- Through two games with Wisconsin, three Buckeyes are hitting above .400. Piper has a .667 clip against the Badgers, followed by McCombs (.571) and White (.429). McCombs and Piper both have a 1.000 slugging percentage.
Ohio State concludes its series against Wisconsin on Sunday at 11 a.m. ET at Buckeye Field. As always, admission and parking are free.