The Ohio State men’s lacrosse team enjoyed unprecedented fan support in 2018, highlights several notable benchmarks:
– In a March 25 game against Notre Dame, the Buckeyes played in front of a crowd of 3,218 at Ohio Stadium, the largest non-Spring Game crowd in program history;
– Both of Ohio State’s indoor games (at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center) were sold out: vs. Boston University (Feb. 10) and Hofstra (Feb. 17).
– In 2017, the Buckeyes averaged 1,547 fans per game. This year, they topped that by nearly 500 fans per game, averaging 1,914.
– Every game at Ohio Stadium this spring attracted crowds of 1,300 or more.
– Ohio State finished the regular season 11th nationally in average attendance.