Dec. 14, 2015
Jasmine Glover, a senior from Sidney, Ohio, is the Ohio State school-record holder in the pentathlon, as well as a specialist in the high jump and short hurdles. A social work major, Glover has also excelled in the classroom for the Buckeyes, earning Big Ten Distinguished Scholar and Academic All-Big Ten honors.
- What is the best time of year on campus? The best time of the year on campus is definitely fall. The leaves are pretty, making campus pretty. Plus, it’s football season!
- What is your preferred mode of transportation to class? I like to bus as much as possible.
- Have you switched your major? If so, how many times and why and if not, how did you know your major was “the one”? Never. I knew I wanted to be a social worker long before I got to The Ohio State University. I wanted a career where I could help people every day.
- What has been your favorite or most interesting class at OSU? My favorite class at OSU was Social Work 2110. It was a youth development class where we got to play games for two hours every week.
- If you had to give an incoming student advice, what would it be? Get involved and ENJOY YOUR TIME! Take advantage of this opportunity, because these four years fly by!
- What social media do you prefer? I don’t use social media often, but if I had to choose one it would be Snapchat or Instagram.
- Which do you watch more: Netflix or TV? Netflix
- Would you rather read the book or watch the movie? Read the book, then watch the movie.
- What song can you not help but sing-a-long to? “Anything” by Sam Hunt
- What was the last movie that you saw in theaters? Jurassic World
- When is your favorite time of your sport’s season? Competition season, BIG TENS!
- Which team do you most look forward to competing against? Michigan, of course!
- Do you have any pre-game/match superstitions or rituals? I listen to the same Christian song every time, “Oceans” by Hillsong United.
- What is your favorite part about your sport? Traveling with my teammates, visiting new places and sharing new experiences with them.
- What is your favorite athletic memory? Setting the school record in the pentathlon at indoor Big Tens my junior year and winning Big Tens as a team that year as well!
- Where is your favorite place to eat at in Columbus? Tai’s Asian Bistro
- What is the best meal you have ever eaten, and where did you get it from/who made it? Homemade ham balls and cheesy potatoes made by Jane Kunze! Yum.
- Do you have a sweet tooth and if you do, what is your favorite treat? Yes, Skittles!
- When you are not at practice, what could someone find you doing? Sleeping!
- Do you have a hidden talent? Not really, but I like to dance.
- If you could play another sport other than yours, what would it be? Volleyball
- If you won the lottery, what would you do? Donate to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and build my dream home.
- What do you most look forward to doing during the summer? Catching up on sleep and relaxing.
- If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be? Flying
- Do you have an interesting nickname? Nope, just Jas.
- If you could switch places with anyone on your team for a day, who would you choose? I wouldn’t want to be anybody other than myself.
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? To get something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.
- If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be? Seeing flying cars in the future would be cool.
- Would you be the first O, H, I or last O in a picture? I’m always the last ‘O’ for some reason.
- What is your favorite part about being a Buckeye? The forever friendship and bond that comes with being a Buckeye. I’m a Buckeye for life.