No. 8 Ohio State 26 (11-2), No. 7 Oregon 17 (10-3)
96th Rose Bowl Game
Jan. 1, 2010
The Rose Bowl – Pasadena, Calif.
- The Buckeyes were making their fifth-consecutive BCS bowl appearance and their first trip to the Rose Bowl since 1997.
- Ohio State is 7-7 all-time in 14 Rose Bowl appearances.
- Ohio State is 19-22 all-time in bowl games.
- The Buckeyes are 5-3 in BCS bowl games and 15-19 in bowl games played New Year’s Day or later.
- Ohio State is 131-104-12 all-time against ranked opponents.
- Ohio State is 82-6 under Jim Tressel when leading at the half.
- Ohio State dominated the time of possession, 41:37-18:23.
- Ohio State is 8-0 all-time against Oregon.
- The Buckeyes are 51-25-2 all-time against Pac-10 teams.
- Ohio State is 17-14-1 all-time in games played in the state of California.
- Coach Tressel is 94-21 in 9 seasons at Ohio State and 229-78-2 in his 24th season overall.
- Tressel is 5-4 in bowl games at Ohio State and 4-3 in BCS games.
- Tressel is 15-1 at Ohio State against coaches in their first year at the opposing schools.
- Ohio State is 37-13 against ranked teams under Tressel.
- Ohio State held Oregon to 20 points and 164 yards below its season averages.
- Ohio State allowed just 163 points this season (12.5 ppg) – the fewest points given up in the Jim Tressel era.
- Ohio State has allowed only 13 touchdowns over it past 47 quarters of play.
- Ohio State’s defensive squads have held opponents to fewer than 21 points 50 times since 2006, the best among FBS teams. The Buckeyes are 47-3 in those games.
- Ohio State has not allowed a 100-yard rusher in 23 straight games, the second-longest streak in the nation behind Alabama’s 32.
- Since the beginning of the 2005 season, Ohio State has allowed only seven 100-yard rushers spanning 65 games – the best among FBS teams.
- Linebacker Ross Homan intercepted his fifth pass of the season in the second quarter.
- Terrelle Pryor recorded career highs in completions (23), attempts (37) and passing yards (266).
- Terrelle Pryor set an Ohio State bowl game record with 338 yards of total offense, breaking Steve Bellisari’s 330 yards in the 2002 Outback Bowl.
- Running back Brandon Saine scored the first touchdown of the game on 13-yard pass from Terrelle Pryor, his second TD catch of the season and the third of his career.
- Ohio State scored on its opening drive for the third time this season. Navy and Toldeo were the other two.
- Brandon Saine caught a career-long 46-yard pass from Pryor in the first quarter.
- Ohio State had a season-long 19-play, 67-yard scoring drive in the second quarter, spanning 8:03 capped off by a 30-yard FG by Devin Barclay.
- DeVier Posey went over 100 yards receiving for the second time this season. He caught eight passes for 101 yards.
- Dane Sanzenbacher caught a career high nine passes for 64 yards.
- Devin Barclay kicked a career-high three field goals. He was good from 19, 30 and 38 yards.