June 6, 2017
Follow the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Brad Goldberg made his MLB Debut Saturday, June 3, at Comerica Park for the Chicago White Sox, becoming the fourth former Buckeye to suit up in a major league uniform in 2017. Goldberg had a 1.99 ERA with four saves and 22 strikeouts in over 17 appearances for Triple-A Charlotte this season. Hit pitched in 10.1 consecutive scoreless innings over his last eight outings before getting the memorable call. The White Sox are currently on a nine-game road trip and will play against the Indians at Progressive Field next weekend. Goldberg, a native of Beachwood, Ohio, was a 10th-round selection in the 2013 MLB Draft.
“Everyone: Mom, dad, grandparents, friends,” said Goldberg, in a story by MLB.com when asked what family members made the three-hour trip to Detroit. “My grandma, grandpa and mom were in Buffalo, [N.Y.], where I just got called up from, so I got to tell them in person, which was pretty special.”
The White Sox begin a three-game series at Tampa Bay tonight before traveling to Cleveland for a three-game series Friday-Sunday.
Congrats to RHP Brad Goldberg, who was promoted to the @whitesox today! Good luck, @B_Gumbo30! #MLB
Photos: @laurawolffphoto pic.twitter.com/AII8mFoKMn
— Charlotte Knights (@KnightsBaseball) June 3, 2017
The Chicago White Sox deem @KnightsBaseball P Brad Goldberg @Esurance #CallUpWorthy with a promotion to The Show pic.twitter.com/1cXyOf22nu
— MiLB.com (@MiLB) June 3, 2017
Other Pro Buckeye notes:
Eric Fryer – St. Louis Cardinals
- Stats: 18 G, .212, .326 OBP, .325 SLG, 3 2B, 1 RBI
Alex Wimmers – Minnesota Twins
- Stats (with Rochester Redwings): 14 G, 3.94 ERA, 4 SV, 16.0 IP, 13 K
- Called up to Minnesota Twins June 1 and has made two relief appearances with one strikeout in 2.1 innings of work.
Updated #MNTwins roster: RP Alex Wimmers, RP Randy Rosario promoted; RP J. Wheeler DFA’d, RP R. Pressly optioned. https://t.co/vvpEcDKMzj pic.twitter.com/UdO7TtPqs0
— Jason Martinez (@mlbdepthcharts) June 1, 2017
Drew Rucinski – Rochester Red Wings (Minnesota Twins)
- Stats (with Rochester Red Wings): 13 G, 2.66 ERA, 1 SV, 20.1 IP, 22 K
- Has split time between Rochester and Minnesota in 2017.
- Thirteen strikeouts to one walk in last 10 appearances for Rochester.
J.B. Shuck – Rochester Red Wings (Chicago White Sox)
- Stats: 46 G, .250, .325 OBP, .392 SLG, 11 2B, 2 3B, 2 HR, 13 RBI
- Back-to-back multi-hit games June 4-5.
Brett McKinney – Indianapolis Indians (Pittsburgh Pirates)
- Stats: 17 G, 1 GS, 2.45 ERA, 25.2 IP, 20 K
- Has struck out 15 baters in his last 18.1 IP.
Jaron Long – Harrisburg Senators (Washington Nationals)
- Stats: 11 G, 11 GS, 2.37 ERA, 64.2 IP, 46 K
- Struck out seven in five innings of work in 2017 debut April 7.
- Fanned season-high eight in five innings April 24.
- Tossed seven shutout innings to claim fifth win of the year June 1.
Jaron Long solves Urena in critical bases loaded at-bat to preserve shutout victory https://t.co/RXGjj3eSI7 pic.twitter.com/PTpLgiRThN
— Harrisburg Senators (@HbgSenators) June 2, 2017
Travis Lakins – Portland Sea Dogs (Boston Red Sox)
- Stats (with Salem Red Sox): 7 G, 7 GS, 5-0, 2.61 ERA, 38.0 IP, 43 K
- Assigned to Double A-Affiliate Portland Sea Dogs May 11.
- Struck out eight in six innings of work in opening start of season April 11.
- Fanned eight in 6.2 innings of work in final start for Salem May 9.
Ryan Riga, Winston-Salem Dash (Chicago White Sox)
- Stats: 18 G, 4.74 ERA, 24.2 IP, 29 K
- Posted a 0.74 ERA with 15 strikeouts in 12.1 innings of relief work in month of April.
Connor Sabanosh, San Jose Giants (San Francisco Giants)
- Stats: .242, .242 OBP, .242 SLG, 1 RBI
- Assigned to Class-A Advanced San Jose Giants April 2.
Nick Sergakis, St. Lucie Mets (New York Mets)
- Stats: .252, .353 OBP, .364 SLG, 10 2B, 2 HR, 15 RBI
- Has knocked two home runs with five RBI and four walks in his last 10 games.
- Batted .261 with four doubles and three home runs and six RBI in the month of May.
Pat Porter, Buies Creek Astros (Houston Astros)
- Stats: .229, .318 OBP, .338 SLG, 8 2B, 3 HR, 11 RBI
- Batted .263 with 21 hits, six doubles, two home runs, and seven RBI in month of May.
- Assigned to Class-A Advanced Buies Creek April 4.
Troy Montgomery, Inland Empire 66ers (Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim)
- Stats (with Inland Empire): .192, .276 OBP, .283 SLG, 1 2B, 2 3B, 2 HR, 7 RBI in 32 G
- Called up to Class-A Advanced Inland Empire 66ers April 28.
- Had six hits, one RBI, scored four runs and knocked one home run In the Lancaster series May 26- May 29
Tanner Tully – Lake County Captains (Cleveland Indians)
- Stats: 10 G, 2 GS, 1 SV, 2.81 ERA, 41.2 IP, 44 K
- Made Captains debut April 10, striking out seven in five innings of relief work out of the bullpen April 10.
- Struck out a season-high nine in his six innings of work against the Lansing Lugnuts May 31.
- Has struck out at least six hitters in five appearances.
Ronnie Dawson, Quad Cities River Bandits (Houston Astros)
- Stats: .206, .288 OBP, .328 SLG, 9 2B, 1 3B, 4 HR, 19 RBI
- Recorded four home runs, three doubles, one triple, 14 RBI and seven walks in the month of April
- Dawson had four hits and three runs scored in the series against Cedar Rapids Kernels May 30-June 1.
Ronnie Dawson extends his hitting streak to 11 games with his fourth homer in three games. #Astros No. 19: https://t.co/VPpQCY9LLC pic.twitter.com/LQMME1VPgz
— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) April 26, 2017
Jacob Bosiokovic, Asheville Tourists (Colorado Rockies)
- Stats: .215, .262 OBP, .405 SLG, 9 2B, 7 RBI
- Hit two home runs and nine doubles in the month of April.
- Blasted a two-run home run in the bottom of the tenth to give the Tourists a 3-1 walk-off win over Greenville April 13.
Jacob Bosiokovic with the the WALKOFF 2 run homerun for the @GoTourists to beat the @GreenvilleDrive in the 10th! @Rockies #RoxFam pic.twitter.com/zjxOayClxs
— Parker (@parker_utter116) April 14, 2017