Dec. 14, 2017
Follow the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
The Buckeyes host their final game before Christmas as they welcome Ivy League foe Dartmouth to Value City Arena on Friday. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. Plenty of activities happing pre-game on the concourse as part of Hoops Hour from 6-7 p.m.
NOTING OHIO STATE
- With final exams in the rear view, the Buckeyes tackle the final two games before Christmas, beginning with a matchup against Dartmouth.
- This is the first meeting all-time between Ohio State and Dartmouth.
- The Buckeyes are third in the country in scoring at 90.7 ppg and have topped the century mark three times this season.
- The Buckeye starting five account for 87 percent of the team’s scoring and combine to average 79.0 ppg which is tops in the country.
- Kelsey Mitchell leads the country in scoring at 26.1 ppg and has also made the most three-pointers of any player in the country with 47. She is fourth in the country at 4.3 threes per game.
- Mitchell is the NCAA DI all-time leader in career three-pointers made with 415 and OSU’s all-time scoring leader with 2,840 points.
- Stephanie Mavunga is the only active player in the country with over 1,000 career points, 1,000 career rebounds and 250 career blocks.
- Mavunga is also one of only five players in the country to have 16 or more rebounds in a game three times. Her 26 vs. Stanford are the most by any player this season.
- Linnae Harper is grabbing 9.4 rebounds per game which is tops in the country for players at 5-8 or shorter.
- Harper has notched at least two steals in all 10 games so far.
- Mitchell, Mavunga and Harper make up three of the Big Ten’s top-11 scorers this season.
- Asia Doss is second in the Big Ten with a 3.3 assist-to-turnover ratio.
- Sierra Calhoun has made 13 three-pointers and is averaging 15 points per game over the last four games.
- Head coach Kevin McGuff notched his 100th win as Buckeye head coach on Nov. 23.
Three at 15 or more
- Kelsey Mitchell (26.1), Stephanie Mavunga (15.9) and Linnae Harper (15.5) are all averaging over 15 points per game this season.
- They are the highest scoring trio in the country at 57.5 points per game.
- That is more than 24 DI teams
- The Buckeye trio is one of just five teammate trios to average 15 or more points per game and the only one from a Power 5 conference.
Four with 1,000 points
- Ohio State has four players on its roster with over 1,000 career points.
- Kelsey Mitchell became the fastest player in school history 1,000 career points and the fastest player in NCAA history (since 1981) to 2,000 career points. She is on her way to potentially hitting the 3,000-point plateau.
- Stephanie Mavunga reached 1,000 career points last season and is currently chasing her 1,500th career point.
- Against FGCU on Nov. 24 of this year, Alexa Hart notched her 1,000th career point.
- Linnae Harper reached the 1,000-point milestone in an 18-point effort at Florida on Dec. 6.