No. 20 Ohio State 85 (16-6, 6-3 Big Ten), Minnesota 63 (13-8, 4-5 Big Ten)
Jan. 31, 2010
Value City Arena
- Ohio State leads the overall series with Minnesota, 75-55. The Buckeyes are 47-18 in Columbus, while Minnesota leads 37-28 in Minneapolis. The Buckeyes have won eight of the last nine as a ranked team in the series and six of the past seven at home.
- The Buckeyes are 10-3 all-time when ranked No. 20 in the Associated Press Poll.
- Ohio State’s starting lineup of Evan Turner, David Lighty, Jon Diebler, William Buford and Dallas Lauderdale is 11-2 this season.
- The Buckeyes are 13-0 in Value City Arena this season.
- Ohio State had four players in double figures for scoring (Buford- 26, Turner-19 , Diebler-19 , Lighty-11).
- Ohio State shot 34-of-54 (63 percent) from the field and 9-of-20 (45 percent) from three-point range.
- The team is shooting 53.8 percent from the field (385-of-715) and 42.3 percent from behind the arc (119-of-281) at Value City Arena this season.
- The Buckeyes have won74 of their last 75 games against unranked opponents in Columbus (70 in Value City Arena, 3 in St. John Arena and 1 in Nationwide Arena). Their last loss to an unranked team was vs. West Virginia, Dec. 27, 2008 (76-48).
- The 49 first-half points for the Buckeyes were the second most this season.
- The Buckeyes shot 73.1 percent (19-of-26) from the field in the first half. They were 50 percent (4-of-8) from behind the arc.
- Ohio State scored 15 points off nine Minnesota turnovers in the first half.
- The Buckeyes ended the half on a 12-4 run, with a Jon Diebler three-pointer closing the half.
- Over a 17:03 stretch (8:32 left in first half to 8:31 into second half), Ohio State made 15-of-17 shots from the field.
- Matta’s career record is now 245-83 in his 10th season all-time as a head coach. He is 143-52 in his sixth year at Ohio State. His .733 win percentage is tops all-time among Ohio State coaches.
- Matta is 5-5 vs. Minnesota.
- Matta is 61-32 (.655) in Big Ten games, also the highest percentage all-time at Ohio State.
- Under Matta, Ohio State is 117-20 overall against unranked opponents, 12-2 this season.
- At home against unranked opponents under Matta, Ohio State is 83-2 overall and 11-0 for the 2009-10 campaign.
- Turner finished the game with 19 points, 3 rebounds and eight assists.
- Turner passed Lawrence Funderburke to move into 29th on the all-time Ohio State scoring list with1,179 points.
- Turner now has 59 career games with 10 or more points. He has had 14 games this season with 10 or more points and He has scored 20 points or more in 18 career games.
- Buford scored a career-high 26 points
- Buford was 10-of-14 from the field and 4-of-5 from three-point land. Both totals tied career bests.
- He also had five rebounds and five assists.
- Lauderdale tied a career high with eight rebounds.
- Lauderdale connected on 3-of-4 field-goal attempts. For the season, he is shooting 64-of-84 from the field (76.1 percent), tops in the Big Ten.
- He is 39-of-47 (82.9 percent) at Value City Arena.
- Diebler was 5-of-9 from behind the arc and has made at least one 3-pointer in his past 31 of the past 32 games (only miss is at Iowa, Jan. 27, 2010).
- Diebler had 19 points in the game.
- He was perfect from the free-throw line, making all four attempts. On the season, Diebler is 54-of-62 (87 percent) from the line.
- Lighty had 11 points, four rebounds and six assists.