Ohio State 79 (11-4, 1-2), Indiana 54 (7-7, 1-1)
Jan. 6, 2010
Value City Arena
- Ohio State is 71-99 all-time vs. Indiana. The Buckeyes own a 46-34 advantage in games played in Columbus.
- Ohio State’s starting line up of Evan Turner, David Lighty, Jon Diebler, William Buford and Dallas Lauderdale is 6-0 this season.
- Ohio State shot 11-of-23 (47.8 percent) from the field and 5-of-10 (50 percent) from behind the arc in the first half.
- The Buckeyes outscored IU, 17-2, in bench points during the first half.
- The Buckeyes are now 10-0 in Value City Arena this season.
- Ohio State limited Indiana to 6-of-20 (30 percent) shooting and 2-of-8 (25 percent) on three-point attempts in the first half.
- Ohio State is 11-0 this season when leading with five minutes or less left in regulation and 125-5 under Matta.
- The Buckeyes have won 72 of their last 73 games against unranked opponents in Columbus (67 in Value City Arena, 3 in St. John Arena and 1 in Nationwide Arena). Their last loss to an unranked team was vs. West Virginia, Dec. 27, 2008 (76-48).
- The team is shooting 53.2 percent from the field (300-of-563) and 43.2 percent from behind the arc (100-of-231) at Value City Arena this season.
- Over a 10:20 span in the first half, Ohio State used a 20-4 run to extend a one point lead to 25.
- The Buckeyes opened the second half on a 14-6 run during the first 3:50.
- Ohio State scored 24 points off 24 Indiana turnovers.
- The 25-point margin was the largest against Indiana in Value City Arena. Ohio State won by 24 last season.
- Matta’s career record is now 239-81 in his 10th season all-time as a head coach. He is 138-51 in his sixth year at Ohio State.
- Under Matta, Ohio State is 81-2 against unranked opponents in Columbus, including a 76-2 mark in VCA, 4-0 in St. John Arena and 1-0 in Nationwide Arena.
- Lauderdale connected on 2-of-4 field-goal attempts. For the season, he is shooting 43-of-58 from the field (74.1 percent), tops in the Big Ten.
- He is 28-of-33 (84.8 percent) at Value City Arena.
- Diebler has made at least one 3-pointer in his past 24 games, dating to last season. The last time Diebler went scoreless from behind the arc was Feb. 14, 2009, in a 0-of-3 effort against Wisconsin.
- Diebler went 4-of-5 from the free-throw line. He has only missed six the entire season going 36-of-43 from the stripe (.837).
- Diebler had a team-high 21 points, going 5-of-8 from behind the arc.
- Diebler has scored in double-figures 10 times this season.
- Diebler scored his 800th point on a free throw in the second half (806).
- Buford scored 16 points, the 12th time he has been in double figures this season.
- Buford is averaging 18.7 points a game vs. the Hoosiers in his career (three games). He is 21-of-38 (55 percent) from the field and 7-of-13 (53.8 percent) from behind the arc.
- Buford led the squad with six rebounds vs. Indiana.
- Turner started his first game since breaking two bones in his back Dec. 5.
- Turner had eight points, four rebounds and five assists in 20 minutes.
• Hill was 6-of-8 from the free throw line, one make shy of a career best.