Minnesota 73 Ohio State 62
January 9, 20
* The Buckeyes are 74-55 in the all-time series against Minnesota, including a 36-29 mark when playing in Minneapolis.
* Ohio State led 33-32 at the half and is now 11-2 this season when ahead at the intermission and 116-17 under Thad Matta.
* Ohio State’s starting lineup of Evan Turner, David Lighty, Jon Diebler, William Buford and Dallas Lauderdale is now 6-1 on the season, absorbing its first loss as a unit.
* The first half featured two ties and seven lead changes. The Buckeyes led by as much as six with 2:31 to play.
* The Buckeyes shot 45.5 percent from the floor and 27.8 percent from 3-point range, the second lowest total this season (23.5 percent vs. James Madison).
* Ohio State is 0-4 in true road games this season. Its last win away from Value City Arena was Nov. 20 against California in the 2K Sports Classic at Madison Square Garden, a neutral site game.
* Thad Matta’s career record is now 239-82 in his 10th season all-time as a head coach. He is 138-52 in his sixth year at Ohio State.
* Diebler has made at least one 3-pointer in his past 24 games, dating to last season. The last time Diebler went scoreless from behind the arc was Feb. 14, 2009, in a 0-of-3 effort against Wisconsin.
* Diebler now has 198 3’s in his career, second all-time at Ohio State.
* Turner became the 21st Ohio State player to score more than 1,000 points and collect 500 rebounds. He has 1,060 career points and 501 career rebounds at Ohio State after tallying 19 points and eight boards vs. Minnesota.
* Turner finished with a team-high 19 points, scoring 15 in the second half, including 8 of 10 during a five-minute stretch midway through the period.
* Buford scored 17 points, the 13th time he has been in double figures this season.