Nov. 19, 2017 POSTGAME NOTES
Ohio State 80 (4-0, 0-0 B1G), Northeastern 55 (2-2 0-0 CAA)
Nov. 19, 2017
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
- The game marked the second meeting between Ohio State and Northeastern.
- The series is now tied 1-1.
- The Buckeyes held their opponent to under 20 points in the first half for the first time since Dec. 20, 2016 when they held Youngstown State to 14.
- Ohio State is now 138-11 at Value City Arena when facing non-conference opponents.
- The Buckeyes had a 30-point halftime lead for the first time since Nov. 23, 2012 against Kansas City (53-18).
- Ohio State leads NCAA with 138 home wins since start of 2009-10 season.
- Nine different players scored points for the Buckeyes in the contest.
- Ohio State has outrebounded its opponent in all four games this season.
- Nine different Ohio State players recorded a field goal in the contest.
- Four players Buckeyes scored in double-figures; Jae’Sean Tate (24), Keita Bates-Diop (19), Kaleb Wesson (12), and C.J. Jackson (10).
- Holtmann starts his tenure at Ohio State off with a 4-0 record.
- Jae’Sean Tate scored a career-high 24 points in the contest shooting a perfect 10-10 from the floor.
- Tate’s 10-10 performance sets a Buckeye record for highest field goal percentage in a game with a minimum of 10 attempts.
- Tate passed Jamaal Brown and Frank Howard to move him to 38th in all-time scoring for his career at Ohio State with 1,155 career points.
- Keita Bates-Diop scored 19 points to go along with seven rebounds, two blocks and two steals for the game.
- Kaleb Wesson scored a career-high 12 points off the bench for the Buckeyes.