Nov. 23, 2016
Ohio State 78 (5-0, 0-0 B1G), Jackson State 47 (1-4, 0-0 SWAC)
Nov. 23, 2016
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
- This matchup marks the second meeting between Ohio State and Jackson State. The Buckeyes are 2-0 against Jackson State all-time.
- Ohio State is 15-1 against teams that currently make up the Southwestern Athletic Conference.
- The Buckeyes started the season 5-0 for the first time since 2014.
- The Buckeyes held the Tigers to 29.5 percent (18-61) shooting on the night; the Buckeyes are now 79-2 in contests in which they hold their opponents to 35 percent or less from the floor.
- Ohio State has now held back to back opponents to less than 30 percent shooting from the field (27.5 percent and 29.5 percent respectively).
- The Buckeyes are now 98-78 in games in which they are outrebounded by their opponent.
- Ohio State out-assisted Jackson State 20-9 in the contest.
- Jackson State was out-assisted in the contest by JaQuan Lyle 11-9; the first time an opponent has been out assisted by a player since Lyle did it Jan. 13, 2016 against Rutgers.
- The Buckeyes forced the Tigers into 20 turnovers in the contest; they are now 52-1 in games in which they force their opponents to commit 20 or more turnovers.
- Ohio State was outrebounded 37 to 32 in the contest.
- Thad Matta is 325-108 (.751) during his career at Ohio State and 427-139 (.754) overall as a head coach.
- Matta now is 183-7 (.963) in Columbus vs. unranked opponents, with only four losses to non-conference opponents in his 13 seasons.
- Matta coached teams are 285-17 when leading by 10 or more points at any point in a game.
- When leading with five minutes to go Thad Matta coached teams are now 302-14 and 5-0 this season.
- Matta is 264-29 (.901) all-time when his team leads at half and 5-0 on the season.
- With Matta at the helm, Ohio State is 61-9 (.871) in the month of November.
- The Buckeyes are 271-42 (.866) against unranked opponents under Matta.
- Williams scored 15 points to go with three rebounds, one assist, four steals and a rebound in the contest.
- Williams paced the Buckeyes in the first half scoring 12 on 5-5 from the field including 2-2 from downtown.
- Lyle put up 10 points, 11 assists and one rebound in the contest.
- Lyle recorded his fifth-career double-double and his first of the season.
- This is Lyle’s first double-digit assist total of the season and the third of his career.
- Lyle recorded more assists than Jackson State in the contest (11-9).
- Loving scored a season-high 19 points while also contributing two rebounds and a steal on the night.
- The 19 points put Loving at 994 points for his career, six shy of the 1,000 point mark for his career at Ohio State.
- Thompson led the Buckeyes in rebounds, pulling down eight boards on the night, while also chipping in six points, one assist and two blocks.
- Lane scored a career-high six points in the contest going 2-2 on his field goal attempts in the contest, both from 3-point range.
- Jent scored his first points as an Ohio State Buckeye in the contest on a second-half 3-pointer.