Feb. 16, 2016
Ohio State 76 (17-10, 9-5 B1G), Michigan 66 (19-8, 9-5 B1G)
Feb. 16, 2016
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
- This matchup marked the 171st meeting all-time between Ohio State and Michigan. The Buckeyes lead the overall series 95-76
- The Buckeyes are now 5-1 against Michigan when both teams are unranked in the Matta era
- Ohio State is 55-27 all-time against the Wolverines in Columbus
- Ohio State is 792-698 all-time against the current alignment of the Big Ten.
- Ohio State honored Evan Turner, the 2010 National Player of the Year, by raising his No. 21 with a banner at halftime
- Five players scored in double figures for the Buckeyes as Jae’Sean Tate had 13, Marc Loving scored 13, JaQuan Lyle recorded 10, Kam Williams had 10 and Trevor Thompson had 12
- The last time five players scored in double figures for Ohio State was vs. Northwestern on Feb. 9, 2016
- The Buckeyes were outrebounded 34-31 by Michigan, the 12th time this season Ohio State has been outrebounded by an opponent. Ohio State is 2-10 in such games.
- The 17 free throws made by Ohio State ties the most made against Michigan while under the direction of Thad Matta
- The 14 assists recorded by the Buckeyes marks the most against Michigan under Matta in Columbus
- Ohio State outscored the Wolverines 20-9 in bench points and 38-28 in points in the paint.
- Ohio State is 17-0 on the season when leading with 5:00 to go in the game and 294-14 under Thad Matta in that situation.
- Ohio State is 279-17 when gaining a 10+ point lead under Thad Matta. The largest lead the Buckeyes gained tonight was 14 with 12:08 remaining in the second half.
- The Buckeyes led 36-28 at halftime and are now 14-3 when leading at the half this season.
- Ohio State shot 54 pct. (27-50) from the field, their second best field-goal percentage of the season, and have now recorded a 50+ field goal percentage six times this season.
- The Buckeyes held Michigan to a season-low .208 percentage from three on 5 of 24 shooting. While under the direction of Matta, Ohio State is 171-62 when holding opponents between 5 and 9 three pointers.
- Matta is 316-104 during his career at Ohio State and 418-135 overall as a head coach.
- Matta is 19-7 overall vs. Michigan, including a 11-1 record in Columbus.
- The Buckeyes are 141-65 in Big Ten regular season play under Matta.
- In 16 seasons as a head coach Matta is 167-75 overall vs. the Big Ten including a mark of 163-72 while coaching the Buckeyes.
- With Matta at the helm Ohio State is 56-28 in the month of February.
- Williams led all players off the bench with 10 points.
- Williams recorded his 400th career point
- Tate recorded 13 points to go with four rebounds and an assist
- Tate has recorded a rebound in every game this season.
- Loving recorded his fifth career double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds. All five of Loving’s double-doubles have come this season.
- The Buckeyes are 5-0 this season when Loving records a double-double
- Lyle recorded 12 points to go with two assists and a rebound
- Lyle recorded seven of his 12 points with a career-high seven free throws.