Jan. 15, 2017
Ohio State 72 (11-7, 1-4 B1G), Michigan State 67 (12-7, 4-2 B1G)
Jan. 15, 2017
Value City Area – Columbus, Ohio
• Ohio State now trails the all-time series with Michigan, 67-56.
• Michigan State shot 50 percent on the night, the only one of 18 opponents this season to shoot at least 50 percent against the Buckeyes.
• The Buckeyes held MSU to be scoreless for 4:33 minutes in the first half.
• The Spartans are the 10th team this season which the Buckeyes have held under 70 points.
• The Buckeyes are 5-0 this year when making at least 10 3-pointers.
• Ohio State is now 10-2 when leading at halftime this season.
• The Scarlet and Gray is 11-2 this season when leading with five minutes left in the game.
• Five Buckeyes scored in double figures.
• Thad Matta-coached teams are now 12-15 overall against Michigan State and hold an overall record of 6-4 in Value City Arena.
• Matta has 144 career regular-season wins in Big Ten Conference play, good for the No. 13 spot all-time in Big Ten history.
• With Matta at the helm, Ohio State has an overall record of 167-79 against Big Ten members.
• Matta owns a career record of 331-115, 171-82 against Big Ten Conference teams.
• Matta-led teams are now 229-84 when they score more than 70 points in the game.
• Thad Matta is 189-8 in Columbus vs. unranked opponents. The Buckeyes have lost just five times to an unranked non-conference opponent during his 13 years at Ohio State.
• Ohio State is 68-3 in Columbus with Matta at the helm vs. unranked Big Ten opponents.
• Opponents have made fewer than 10 FTs 223 times in Matta era vs. the Buckeyes. OSU is 192-31 in those games.
• JaQuan Lyle led the Buckeyes in scoring for the night with 22 points and added six assists and four rebounds.
• Lyle went for a career-high five 3-pointers in the game.
• Lyle has now scored in double figures in 12 games this season.
• Trevor Thompson grabbed eight rebounds on the night and tallied 10 points, one assist and two blocks.
• Thompson has scored in double figures for four consecutive games.
• Jae’Sean Tate went for 12 points and three rebounds in the game.
• Tate tied his season-high three steals. The last time he had three steals was in the win over Western Carolina on Nov. 21.
• Marc Loving scored 12 points while also adding two assists and seven rebounds.
• Loving now has 1,147 career points and moved up to No. 37 on the Ohio State all-time scoring list.
• Loving made 6-of-6 free throws, good enough to tie his season high against Marshall on Nov. 25.