No. 13/18 Ohio State 68 (18-6, 8-3 Big Ten), Iowa 58 (8-16, 2-9 Big Ten)
Feb. 7, 2010
Value City Arena
- Ohio State has won six of the last seven games against Iowa, including a 65-57 victory in Iowa City earlier this season and the 68-58 win today.
- In games at Ohio State, the Buckeyes lead the series 44-25, while Iowa leads 47-21 in Iowa City. The Hawkeyes lead the overall series 73-66.
- Ranked Ohio State teams are now 19-10 all-time versus Iowa and have won four in a row against the Hawkeyes.
- The Buckeyes are 15-0 in Value City Arena this season. The best record ever compiled at Value City Arena came during the 2006-07 season when the Buckeyes tallied a school-record 18 home victories.
- The team is shooting 53.8 percent from the field (385-of-715) and 42.3 percent from behind the arc (119-of-281) at Value City Arena this season.
- The Buckeyes have won 76 of their last 77 games against unranked opponents in Columbus (72 in Value City Arena, 3 in St. John Arena and 1 in Nationwide Arena). Their last loss to an unranked team was vs. West Virginia, Dec. 27, 2008 (76-48).
- With the win, Ohio State moved into a three-way tie for second place in the Big Ten standings with Wisconsin and Illinois.
- Matta’s career record is now 247-83 in his 10th season all-time as a head coach. He is 145-52 in his sixth year at Ohio State. His .736 win percentage is tops all-time among Ohio State coaches.
- Matta is 7-3 vs. Iowa.
- Matta is 63-32 (.663) in Big Ten games, also the highest percentage all-time at Ohio State.
- Under Matta, Ohio State is 119-20 overall against unranked opponents, 14-2 this season.
- At home against unranked opponents under Matta, Ohio State is 85-2 overall and 13-0 for the 2009-10 campaign.
- Turner finished with a career-high tying 32 points, five assists and seven rebounds.
- Turner passed John Havlicek and Jerry Siegfried to move into 26th on the all-time Ohio State scoring list with 1,239 points
- Turner now has 61 career games with 10 or more points. He has had 16 games this season with 10 or more points and He has scored 20 points or more in 20 career games.
- Turner tied his career-high for shots in a game with 21 attempts.
- It was the second 30-point game for Turner’s career and the third 30-point game of the season for Ohio State (Lighty had other).
- Buford ended the game with nine points, two assists and nine rebounds.
- With his first field goal of the game at 17:44 of the first half, Buford collected his 700th career point.
- Buford’s made free throw at 17:50 of the second half gave him 100 makes in his Ohio State career
- Diebler had two made three-point field goals for the game. He has made at least one 3-pointer in 33 of the past 34 games with the only miss coming in the last meeting against Iowa (Jan. 27, 2010).
- Diebler Needs five points to reach 900 for his career
- Lighty had nine points, one assist and four rebounds. All of his points came from the free throw line, where he was 9-for-10.