Jan. 21, 2016
Ohio State 64 (12-8, 4-3 B1G), No. 22 Purdue 75 (17-3, 5-2 B1G)
Jan. 21, 2015
Mackey Arena — West Lafayette, IN
• This matchup marks the 168th meeting all-time between Ohio State and Purdue. Ohio State is now 83-85 in the series.
• The Buckeyes are 26-56 all-time vs. the Boilermakers in West Lafayette.
• Ohio State is now 15-20 vs. ranked Purdue teams. The last time Ohio State faced a ranked Purdue team was Feb. 20, 2011 as the No. 2 Buckeyes fell 63-76 to the No. 11 Boilermakers in West Lafayette
• The last time an unranked Ohio State team faced a ranked Purdue team was Jan. 12, 2010 as the Buckeyes defeated the No. 6 Boilermakers 70-66 at Mackey Arena
• The Buckeyes have won seven of the last nine meetings with Purdue
• Ohio State is 787-696 all-time against the current alignment of the Big Ten
• Ohio State has played 410 times vs. ranked opponents in the Associated Press Top 25 and is now 161-249 (.934) in such games. The Buckeyes are 1-3 in 2015-16 vs. AP Top-25 teams.
• The Buckeyes have played 11 times vs. No. 22 teams and are now 8-3 in those games. The last time Ohio State faced a 22nd ranked team was March 9, 2014 as the Buckeyes defeated Michigan State 69-67 in Columbus
• Ohio State outshot the Boilermakers 43 pct. – 39 pct. and has now shot better from the field than its opponent in 17 of 20 games this season and is 12-8 to date. Ohio State outshot opponents 23 times last year and was 23-0 in those games.
• Purdue was 4-17 from three, the 117th time a Matta led Buckeye team has held an opponent to five or less made three-pointers. Ohio State is now 95-22 in those games
• Matta is 311-102 (.753) during his career at Ohio State and 413-133 (.756) overall as a head coach.
• The Buckeyes are 136-63 in Big Ten regular season play under Matta, 53-47 (.535) on the road
• In 16 seasons as a head coach Matta is 162-73 overall vs. the Big Ten including a mark of 158-70 while coaching the Buckeyes.
• Under the direction of Thad Matta the Buckeyes are 1-3 this season and 53-62 overall vs. ranked teams
• With Matta at the helm Ohio State is 64-32 (.667) in the month of January.
• Matta is 18-8 vs. the Boilermakers during his head coaching career, including a 17-8 record as head coach of the Buckeyes. He is 5-5 at Mackey Arena.
• Since taking over at Ohio State, Matta’s Buckeyes have competed against 115 opponents ranked in the AP Top-25, the third-most games against ranked foes in all of NCAA Division I men’s basketball
• Jae’Sean Tate recorded his third career double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Tate’s last double-double came Dec. 16, 2015 vs. NIU
• Tate recorded double-digit points for the 13th time this season and the game-high total for the fourth time
• Tate has now put up 10 or more points and recorded five or more rebounds nine times.
• Kam Williams connected on his first five shot attempts of the game including four 3-pointers to record 14 points in nine minutes
• Daniel Giddens recorded two blocks for his 38th of the season and passed B.J. Mullens for sole possession of sixth place on the list of most blocked shots in a season by an Ohio State freshman
• With his two assists, JaQuan Lyle became the seventh Buckeye to record 100 or more assists in their freshman season
• Lyle is three assists away from passing Troy Taylor for sixth place on the all-time list for assists in a single season by a freshman. Taylor recorded 104 assists in 1982.
• A.J. Harris scored a career-high 11 points to go with two rebounds and one assist