Jan. 10, 2016
Ohio State 60 (11-6, 3-1 B1G), Indiana 85 (14-3, 4-0 B1G)
Jan. 10, 2015
Assembly Hall – Bloomington, Indiana
Attendance: 16, 382
- This is the 181st meeting between Ohio State and Indiana. The Buckeyes are now 77-104 all-time in the series.
- Ohio State leads the series playing in Columbus (52-35) but trail when playing in Bloomington (24-64). The Hoosiers are 5-1 on neutral courts in the series.
- The Buckeyes have won nine of the last 13 games vs. the Hoosiers and have won four of the last seven in Bloomington.
- The last meeting was Jan. 22, 2015 when the Buckeyes defeated the No. 23 Indiana 82-70 in Columbus riding D’Angelo Russell’s second double-double of the season with 22 points and 10 assists.
- This is the only meeting between the Buckeyes and the Hoosiers this season.
- The last time both Indiana and Ohio State were unranked was Jan. 6, 2010 in Columbus when the Buckeyes won 79-54.
- Over the last 20 games played in the series, both teams have been unranked just six times. Ohio State is 4-2 in those games.
- Ohio State is 786-694 all-time against the current alignment of the Big Ten.
- Ohio State allowed a season-high in first half points (48) while recording a season-low first half points (18).
- The 30-point deficit at the half was the largest first half deficit the Buckeyes had faced all season. The largest previous first-half deficit was on Dec. 12, 2015 when the Buckeyes were down 45-24 to UConn.
- The last time the Buckeyes scored 20 or fewer points in a half against a Big Ten opponent came on February 22, 2014 against Minnesota.
- The Buckeyes made 22 field goals, the fewest made field goals against Indiana since Feb. 10, 2008 when the Buckeyes made only 21 shots in a 59-53 defeat.
- The Buckeyes allowed Indiana to score 85 points, the most points a Thad Matta-coached Buckeye team has allowed the Hoosiers in his tenure.
- Matta is 310-100 (.756) during his career at Ohio State and 412-131 (.758) overall as a head coach
- The Buckeyes are 135-61 in Big Ten regular season play under Matta, 54-45 (.551) on the road
- In 16 seasons as a head coach Matta is 161-71 overall vs. the Big Ten including a mark of 158-68 while coaching the Buckeyes
- With Matta at the helm Ohio State is 63-30 (.685) in the month of January
- The Buckeyes are 12-9 vs. Indiana with Matta as head coach. Matta is 4-7 in Bloomington coaching the Buckeyes.
- Lyle scored a career-high 29 points on 11-20 shooting, 4-7 from three-point range
- Lyles’s 29 points is good for T-6th most points in a single game by a freshman with Greg Oden and Michael Redd. Oden was the last player to accomplish this feat on Jan. 20, 2007 against Iowa.
- Lyle also recorded a career-high eight rebounds and dished out 3 assists, leading the team in points, rebounds and assists.
- Loving scored 12 points to go with four rebounds.
- Loving has scored in double figures in 14 of 17 games this season.
- Williams scored five points on 2-4 shooting, 1-2 from three-point range.
- Williams now has a three-point basket in 12 of 17 games this season, and has recorded a three in eight straight games.
- Bates Diop scored six points and recorded five rebounds
- Mitchell played a career-high 14 minutes and grabbed 3 rebounds