Feb. 24, 2007
Recap | Box Score
– Megan Schwab’s RBI double in the first inning was Ohio State’s 39th hit of the season, but the first that was not a single or home run. It was Schwab’s 37th career double, giving her fifth-place all-time at Ohio State. Next up at with 38 career doubles is Jodi Dolan (1995-98).
– Jamee Juarez’s RBI single in the sixth inning was her 99th career RBI. With one more, she will be the third Buckeye in OSU history with 100 or more RBI.
– Juarez won her 56th career game Friday and she is now three wins shy of No. 2 on the OSU all-time wins list, Kristi DeVries, who won 59 games from 2001-04.
– The Buckeyes scored five runs in the first inning of their two games Friday. Ohio State did not score in the first inning of any of their five games to open the season in Tempe two weeks ago.
– Two international players faced each other in the game Friday night. Fresno State pitcher Robin Mackin is from Newmarket, Ontario, Canada and Ohio State catcher Lauren Daykin is from Melbourne, Australia.
– Fresno State has eight starters back from its 2006 team that went 37-19 and made the school’s 25th NCAA tournament appearance. The Bulldogs are the first ranked team Ohio State has beat since No. 25 Auburn in the NCAA Tucson Regional last May.
– Fresno State entered the game Friday having won three straight over Ohio State. The Bulldogs are 5-3 all-time against Ohio State. These two teams last met in Fresno, Calif., March 26, 2004, when FSU swept a doubleheader from Ohio State.
### GO BUCKS! ###