Jan. 22, 2017
Northwestern 74 (16-4, 5-2 B1G), Ohio State 72 (12-8, 2-5 B1G)
Jan. 22, 2017
Value City Area – Columbus, Ohio
- The Buckeyes will take on Minnesota in their next home game at 7 p.m. ET Wednesday.
- Ohio State leads the all-time series against Northwestern, 117-46.
- The Buckeyes ended their 31 home game win streak over the Wildcats. The last time Northwestern defeated Ohio State in Columbus was on Feb. 24, 1977, 87-72.
- The Buckeyes have now held 18 of 19 opponents to shooting under 50 percent on the night. Northwestern made 38 percent of its shots.
- Ohio State outscored the Wildcats in the paint, 28-20.
- Four Buckeyes scored in double figures.
- Matta-coached teams are now 19-2 overall against Northwestern.
- With Matta at the helm, Ohio State has an overall record of 168-70 against Big Ten members.
- Matta owns a career record of 332-116, 172-83 against Big Ten Conference teams.
- Tate led the Buckeyes in scoring as he tallied 14 points, six rebounds and two assists in the game.
- Lyle went for 13 points, four assists and two rebounds.
- Lyle has scored in double figures 14 times this season.
- Thompson led the Buckeyes in rebounds as he grabbed 15 and scored 11 points.
- Thompson reached a season high in offensive boards with seven.
- Thompson has scored in double figures in five-consecutive games.
- Williams scored 10 points and was responsible for two assists.
- Williams scored in double figures for the 11th time this season.