Jan. 31, 2016
No. 8 Maryland 66 (19-3, 8-2 B1G), Ohio State 61 (14-9, 6-4 B1G)
Jan. 31, 2016
Value City Arena—Columbus, Ohio
– This is the ninth meeting all time between the Buckeyes and Maryland. Maryland leads the all-time series with the Buckeyes, 6-3.
– Ohio State is 3-1 in Columbus all time versus the Terps.
– Ohio State is 789-697 all-time against the current alignment of the Big Ten.
– The Buckeyes held the Terrapins to only four made 3-pointers. Ohio State is 96-23 when holding opponents to less than five made 3s.
– Ohio State has played 192 games all-time against AP Top 10 Teams. The Buckeyes are 67-125 (.349) in those games.
– Ohio State has played 409 games all-time against AP Top 25 teams. – The Buckeyes are 161-248 (.393) in those games.
– The Buckeyes are 82-22 (.789) when Big Ten Games are decided by 10 or more points.
– Matta’s teams are now 96-22 when holding teams to less than five made 3s in a game after Maryland made only four 3s in today’s game.
– Matta is 313-103 (.752) during his career at Ohio State and 415-134 (.756) overall as a head coach.
– The Buckeyes are 84-17 (.832) in Big Ten regular season play under Matta, when facing Big Ten opponents at home.
– In 16 seasons as a head coach Matta is 164-74 overall vs. the Big Ten including a mark of 160-71 while coaching the Buckeyes.
– With Matta at the helm Ohio State is 65-33 (.663) in the month of January.
– Matta is now 2-3 when facing Maryland.
– Tate had a career-high 18 field goal attempts in the game.
– Tate scored a team-high 16 points, leading the team in scoring for the sixth time this season.