Ohio State vs. Rutgers Links
No. 4 Ohio State 52, Rutgers 3
Saturday, Sept. 8, 2018
Ohio Stadium, Columbus, Ohio
Ohio State Football Postgame Notes
• With today’s win, Ohio State became the second FBS program to reach 900 all-time victories. It is now 900-324-53 in its 129th season.
• Ohio State improved to 22-2 over the last seven years in the month of September.
• After scoring on its first five offensive possessions last week against Oregon State, Ohio State scored on five of its first six against the Scarlet Knights.
• The Buckeyes completed 30-of-33 passes for a .909 completion percentage. The percentage ties for the second-best single-game team completion percentage in program history (minimum 8 attempts). Ohio State completed 10-of-11 passes against UCLA in 1961 and all eight passes at Iowa in 1975.
• In the first quarter of the last two games, Dwayne Haskins is 18-of-21 for 221 yards and four touchdowns.
• Luke Farrell’s nine-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter was the first touchdown catch of his career.
• Tate Martell’s 51-yard touchdown pass to Terry McLaurin in the second quarter marked his first-career touchdown pass. Martell added his first rushing touchdown later in the game, a 47-yard scamper in the fourth quarter.
• The Buckeyes outgained the Scarlet Knights 310-45 in the first half.
• The game marked Johnnie Dixon’s fourth two-touchdown game of his career, two of which have come against Rutgers. Dixon in the last two games vs. Rutgers has seven receptions, 204 yards and four touchdowns. His touchdown receptions have been of 70, 44, 39 and 38 yards.
• Kendall Sheffield and Shaun Wade each notched their first-career interception.
• Nick Bosa tied his career high with three tackles-for-loss, first set vs. UNLV last year.