No. 4 Gonzaga 90 (32-4, 17-1 WCC), No. 5 Ohio State 84 (25-9, 15-3 B1G)
Mar. 17, 2018
Taco Bell Arena– Boise, Idaho
– The game marked the second matchup between Ohio State and Gonzaga on the season. Gonzaga won the first game 86-59 at the PK80 Invitational.
– Ohio State trails the all-time series with Gonzaga 2-1.
– The Buckeyes are 1-1 against the Bulldogs in the NCAA tournament with the previous matchup being a 73-66 Buckeye victory in the third round of the 2012 NCAA Tournament.
– Ohio State holds a 50-27 all-time record in the NCAA tournament.
– The Buckeyes hold a 7-5 record all-time when playing in the West region.
– Ohio State scored 50+ points in a half for the second time this season. The other was a 50-point second half vs. Citadel Nov. 19.
– The Buckeyes were out attempted at the free throw line 31-16.
– Ohio State outshot Gonzaga from the free throw line 81% (13/16) to 61% (19/31).
– Ohio State is 4-1 this season when making 10+ 3-pointers in a contest.
– Chris Holtmann holds 5-4 overall record in the NCAA tournament including a 4-3 record at Butler.
– Holtmann drops to 0-2 against Gonzaga for his career.
– Keita Bates-Diop scored a team-high 28 points while grabbing 3 rebounds and adding an assist and a block in the contest.
– Bates-Diop’s 28 points bring his career total to 1,272 where he now trails Jared Sullinger (1,282) by just 10 points for the 33rd spot on Ohio State’s all-time scoring list.
– Jae’Sean Tate scored 11 points, while adding seven rebounds, four assists, and one steals.
– Tate’s 11 points give him 1,512 for his career where he will finish 19th on Ohio State’s all-time scoring list.
– Tate also ends his career as Ohio State’s 8th all-time leading rebounder with 771 career rebounds.
– Kam Williams scored 19 points, adding two rebounds, three assists.
– Williams’ 19 points give him 1,057 points for his career making him Ohio State’s 49th all-time leading scorer.
– William’s also finishes his career number five on Ohio State’s all-time 3-point field goals list 172 made 3-pointers for his career.