Jan. 5, 2017
No. 20 Purdue 76 (13-3, 2-1 B1G), Ohio State 75 (10-5, 0-2 B1G)
Jan. 5, 2017
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
- The Buckeyes’ next game will be at Minnesota at 7:30 p.m. ET Sunday.
- Ohio State now trails the all-time series with the Boilermakers, 86-83.
- Ohio State has held all 15 opponents to under 50 percent shooting this season. Purdue shot 42.9 percent from the field.
- Ohio State is now 7-4 this season in games in which it scores 70 or more points.
- The Buckeyes were 17-of-20 from the free-throw line, good for 85.0 percent and a season high.
- Ohio State held Purdue to zero fast break points, the second time it has done so to an opponent this season (Nov. 21, 2016 against Western Carolina).
- Ohio State held a 34-26 advantage in points in the paint.
- Matta-coached teams are now 18-8 overall against Purdue and 9-2 when playing in Columbus.
- Matta-coached teams own a record of 166-77 against Big Ten teams.
- Thompson had 11 points, his ninth double-figure scoring effort of the season, while hauling in seven rebounds and blocking three shots.
- Tate led all scorers with 17 points, making it the fifth time he has led the Buckeyes in scoring this year.
- He has now scored in double figures in 14 of 15 games this season.
- Loving scored 14 points, pushing him ahead of Curtis Wilson for 41st on the Ohio State all-time scoring list with 1,121 points.
- Led the Buckeyes with eight rebounds, the third time he has led the team in that category this season.
- He has nine double-figure scoring efforts on the season.
- Williams tallied his eighth double-figure scoring game of the season.