Jan. 30, 2018
Recap | Box Score | Quotes
No. 17 Ohio State 71 (19-5, 10-1 B1G), Indiana 56 (12-11, 5-6 B1G)
Jan. 30, 2018
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
- The game marked the 183rd meeting between Ohio State and Indiana.
- The Buckeyes trail the series 105-78 all-time against the Hoosiers, but lead 53-36 in games played in Columbus.
- Ohio State is 21-15 against Indiana when it enters the game ranked in the Top 25.
- Ohio State is 18-1 on the season when leading with five minutes left in regulation.
- The Buckeyes are 16-2 on the year when scoring 70-plus points.
- Ohio State is 14-2 in games in which it outrebounds its opponent.
- The Buckeyes are 19-1 on the season when shooting a higher percentage from the field than their opponent.
- The Buckeyes are 10-1 this season when shooting 50 percent or higher from the field.
- Ohio State held Indiana to 36.4 percent shooting from the field. This marked the eighth time Ohio State held a Big Ten opponent to less than 40 percent shooting on the season.
- The game marked the fourth time Chris Holtmann has faced Indiana in his career. Holtmann has a 2-2 record in these contests.
- Keita Bates-Diop scored 13 points and grabbing 13 rebounds, while adding four blocks, and tying a career high with five assists.
- Bates-Diop recorded his ninth double-double of the season and the 15th of his career. The Buckeyes are 14-1 in games in which Bates-Diop records a double-double.
- Bates-Diop’s 13 points bring his career total to 1,071. He now trails Carter Scott (1,073) by two points to move into the 47th spot on the Buckeyes all-time scoring list.
- Jae’Sean Tate scored a team-high 16 points, while adding six rebounds, and two assists.
- Tate’s six rebounds give him 702 for his career, and make him the 14th player to surpass the 700 rebound mark in Ohio State history.
- Tate’s 16 points give him 1,404 for his career, where he now trails Larry Bolden (1,408) for the 24th spot on the Buckeyes all-time scoring list.
- C.J. Jackson scored 10 points, adding two assists and a rebound while going 2-5 from behind the arc.
- Jackson has now made a 3-pointer in 20 consecutive games.
- Kaleb Wesson scored 14 points, on a perfect 7-7 from the field, while also grabbing five rebounds, dishing an assist, and adding a block and a steal.
- Kaleb Wesson has now made 12 straight field goal attempts after making his final attempt vs. Nebraska and going 4-4 against Penn State and 7-7 vs. the Hoosiers.
- Wesson is the second Buckeye to make 10 consecutive field goals on the season after Jae’Sean Tate made 14 consecutive in games against Texas Southern and Northeastern.
- Kam Williams scored nine points and grabbed a career-high six rebounds.