Feb. 23, 2018
Recap | Box Score | Photo Gallery
No. 16 Ohio State 80 (24-7, 15-3 B1G), Indiana 78 (16-14, 9-9 B1G)
Feb. 23, 2018
Assembly Hall– Bloomington, Ind.
- The game marked the 184th meeting between Ohio State and Indiana.
- The Buckeyes trail all-time series with the Hoosiers 105-79.
- Indiana leads the series 63-26 when playing in Bloomington.
- The Buckeyes are 22-15 when they enter the game ranked in the Top 25.
- Ohio State is 6-3 all-time against Indiana when the game is decided in overtime. The last game being an 87-83 loss Feb. 2, 1994 in Bloomington.
- Ohio State is 2-0 in double-overtime games against Indiana with the other being a 97-95 victory in Columbus Feb. 17, 1991.
- Ohio State is 1-1 in overtime games this season.
- Ohio State is guaranteed at least the No. 2 seed in the Big Ten Tournament pending the final conference games this weekend.
- Ohio State is 2-0 this season when tied at the half.
- The Buckeyes are 19-3 this season when outrebounding their opponent. They outrebounded the Hoosiers 41-35 in the contest.
- Ohio State is 2-2 this season in games decided by three or less points.
- Ohio State is 10-1 in games in which Keita Bates-Diop records a double-double this season, and 16-1 all-time in such contests.
- The game marked the fifth time Chris Holtmann has faced Indiana in his career. Holtmann holds a 3-2 record in these contests.
- Holtmann’s is now one win shy of tying his career-high for wins in a season (Butler, 2016/17).
- Keita Bates-Diop scored 24 points while adding 14 rebounds, four assists, four blocks, and two steals in the contest.
- Bates-Diop recorded his 18th career double-double, and his 12th of the season.
- Bates-Diop’s 24 points bring his career total to 1,195 and move him past Lawrence Funderburke (1,179) for the 38th spot on Ohio State’s all-time scoring list. Bates-Diop now trails Luke Wittie (1,211) by just 16 points for the 37th spot on the list.
- Jae’Sean Tate scored 12 points, while adding five rebounds, six assists, a block and a steal.
- Tate’s six assists ties his career high.
- Tate’s 12 points give him 1,483 for his career. He needs three points to reach Jerry Francis (1,486) the 20th spot on Ohio State’s all-time scoring list.
- Kam Williams scored 15 points, adding two rebounds, and a steal.
- Williams’ 15 points give him 1,006 points for his career, and make him the 56th player in Ohio State history to score 1,000 career points.