Jan. 1, 2017
Illinois 75 (11-4, 1-1 B1G), Ohio State 70 (10-4, 0-1 B1G)
Jan. 1, 2017
State Farm Center – Champaign, Ill.
- The Buckeyes’ next game will be at home against Purdue on Jan. 5 at 7 p.m.
- The Buckeyes are now 56-45 in Big Ten conference openers.
- After tonight’s game, the Scarlet and Gray holds a record of 795-701 all-time against the teams that currently make up the Big Ten.
- Ohio State has held all 14 opponents to under 50 percent shooting this season.
- Ohio State is now 7-3 this season in games in which it scores 70 or more points.
- The Buckeyes were 81.8 percent from the free-throw line.
- Ohio State held the Fighting Illini to 31.6 percent from the 3-point line on the night.
- Matta-coached teams are now 17-6 overall against Illinois and 6-5 when playing in Champaign.
- Buckeyes coached by Matta now own a record of 166-76 against Big Ten teams.
- Lyle led the Buckeyes as he scored 26 points, dished out three assists and added five rebounds and finished with zero turnovers.
- It was his ninth double-figure scoring effort of the season.
- Tate tallied 11 points, eight rebounds and one assist on the night.
- He has now scored in double figures in 13 of 14 games this season.
- Loving racked up 10 points, five rebounds and three assists.
- He now has eight double-figure scoring efforts on the season.