Oct. 4, 2014
#18/20 Ohio State 52 (4-1, 1-0 B1G), at Maryland 24 (4-2, 1-1 B1G)
Oct. 4, 2014
Capital One Field at Byrd Stadium
College Park, Md.
Ohio State postgame Notes
- Ohio State is 73-24-4 all time in Big Ten openers.
- Saturday was the first meeting between Ohio State and Maryland.
- Ohio State has now won 17 consecutive Big Ten games dating to the 2012 season. The Big Ten record is 20, set by the 2005-07 Ohio State teams.
- Head coach Urban Meyer has not lost a game in the month of October since the 2010 season while at Florida. He has won his last nine games in the month of October overall.
- With the win, Meyer improves to 11-0 in road games at Ohio State.
- J.T. Barrett has thrown for 909 yards, 14 touchdowns and just one INT over the last three games.
- With four pass plays of 20 or more yards Saturday, Ohio State now has a total of 19 on the season.
- With two catches Saturday, Devin Smith now has 99 career receptions. In the third quarter he caught a 30-yard TD pass from Barrett, his 23rd career TD grab and the 15th of his career of at least 30 yards.
- Ohio State’s defense held the Terrapins to 310 total yards, 118 yards below their season average of 417.6 yards per game coming into Saturday’s game.
- Joey Bosa tied a career high with 2.5 TFL defensively. He also added one sack.
- Darron Lee came up with his first career INT late in the first half to set up Ohio State’s fourth TD of the day.
- Ezekiel Elliott has posted back to back 100-yard rushing games with 139 vs. Maryland and 182 vs. Cincinnati.
- Raekwon McMillan recovered a fumble after a Darron Lee interception, his first, late in the second quarter and returned it to the 1, leading to a TD. McMillan then intercepted a pass of his own in the 4th quarter and returned it for a TD, his first career INT and score.
- Doran Grant’s fourth quarter interception was his first this season and fifth of his career.
- The Buckeyes intercepted four Maryland passes, three picks were by freshmen (Eli Apple, McMillan and Lee)