Dec. 6, 2016
Florida Atlantic 79 (3-5, 0-0 Conference USA), Ohio State 77 (7-2, 0-0 B1G)
Dec. 6, 2016
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
- The Buckeyes play Connecticut at 6 p.m. Saturday in Value City Arena.
- This is the first meeting between Ohio State and Florida Atlantic.
- Ohio State is 8-5 all-time against the teams that currently make up the Conference USA.
- Ohio State is 21-21 in overtime games played at home.
- The last time the Buckeyes had a home OT loss was against Penn State Jan. 29, 2014.
- The Owls are the second opponent this season to shoot above 40 percent from the field. North Carolina Central was the only other team to do the same.
- The Buckeyes held a 32-22 advantage on points in the paint. Tonight marks the sixth time this season Ohio State has outscored an opponent in the paint and they are 4-2 on those nights.
- The was the fourth time this season four or more Buckeyes scored in double digits as five had double figures against FAU.
- The Buckeyes are 226-21 when they score 70 or more points in the Matta era and 5-1 this season.
- When shooting 50 percent or lower from the field, Matta squads are 178-99 all-time and 2-1 this season.
- Matta-coached teams are 287-19 when leading by 10 or more points at any point in a game and 7-2 this season.
- When leading with five minutes to go, Thad Matta coached teams are now 304-16 and 7-2 this season.
- Matta is 266-31 (.858) all-time when his team leads at half and 7-1 on the season.
- With Matta at the helm, Ohio State is 77-14 (.846) in the Month of December.
- Thompson matched his career-high 16 points, making 7 of 9 field goals, to go along with seven rebounds.
- The game was his second game of racking up five personal fouls.
- Tate recorded 14 points, seven rebounds and two assists in his 40 minutes on the floor.
- Tate has scored double digits in every game this season except in the game against Jackson State.
- Loving put up 12 points in addition to six rebounds and two assists.
- The game marks the second-consecutive game this season for Loving scoring into double digits, and his fourth time this season.
- Lyle went for 10 points, nine assists and seven rebounds for the night.
- Bates-Diop returned to the court after missing five consecutive games this season.
- He joined four of his teammates scoring in double digits, contributing 10 points in addition to one assist and three rebounds.