Nov. 26, 2017 POSTGAME NOTES
Butler 67 (5-2, 0-0 Big East), Ohio State 66 (5-2, 0-0 B1G)
Nov. 26, 2017
Veterans Memorial Coliseum– Portland, Oregon
- The game marked the 42nd meeting between Ohio State and Butler.
- The Buckeyes lead 31-11 in the series all-time.
- This game marked the third overtime game in the history of the series, Ohio State trails 1-2 in those contests.
- Ohio State played in its first overtime game of the season.
- The Buckeyes tied a season low allowing six made 3-pointers on 31 attempts.
- Ohio State also allowed a season low 19 percent shooting on 3-point attempts in the contest.
- The Buckeyes have outrebounded their opponents in six of their seven games this season.
- Chris Holtmann faced his former school for the first time in his Ohio State tenure.
- The game also marked the first overtime game of his time at the helm of the Buckeyes.
- Keita Bates-Diop scored 16 points and grabbed 11 boards in the contest.
- Bates-Diop recorded his fifth double-double of the season and the 11th of his career.
- The Buckeyes are now 10-1 in games in which Bates-Diop records a double-double for his career and 4-1 for the season.
- C.J. Jackson scored 19 points while going a perfect 8-8 from the line, and grabbing seven rebounds.
- Jackson has now scored in double-figures in four straight contests.
- Jae’Sean Tate contributed in every facet of the game, scoring nine points, grabbing seven rebounds, and tying a career high with six assists.