Feb. 1, 2004
Recap| Box Score
Noting the Purdue Game
* The Buckeyes have won eight of the last nine meetings against the Boilermakers, including four of the last five in West Lafayette.
* The Buckeyes are closing on Purdue’s lead in the series. The Boilermakers lead 78-72 overall and 51-24 in West Lafayette.
* Against Purdue teams ranked in the Associated Press Top 25 Poll, the Buckeyers are 13-16 all time.
* The last time an unranked Ohio State team defeated a ranked Purdue squad in West Lafayette was in 1993, a 72-62 victory over the No. 18 Boilermakers.
* The last time an unraked Ohio State squad defeated a ranked opponent on the road was during the 2001 Big Ten season, a 69-68 victory at No. 14 Iowa Feb. 7, 2001.
* The Buckeyes are 1-3 on the season against ranked opponents.
* The road win was Ohio State’s first since a 52-48 win at Northwestern March 5, 2003. The Buckeyes won a pair of games this season on neutral ground at the Maui Invitational in November.
* With a victory after a 35-33 lead at the half, the Buckeyes are 9-1 this season when holding a lead after the first 20 minutes of action.
* The Buckeyes and Boilermaker were tied at 52 with 5:00 to play in the second half. When the Buckeyes lead or are tied at the 5-minute mark in the game, Ohio State is 9-0
* The Buckeyes connected on 24-47 shots for a shooting percentage of .511 in the game. Ohio State is 6-0 on the season when shooting 50 percent or better.
Ohio State Player Notes
* Senior center Velimir Radinovic and junior forward Terence Dials combined to make 9 of 12 shots from the field while grabbing 14 rebounds.
* Junior Tony Stockman reached double figures for the 14th time in 20 games this season with a team high 17 points for the Buckeyes. He also handed out five assists and was credited with a pair of steals in 34 minutes.