Follow the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
After a win Friday evening, the Buckeyes take to the road for the first time this year. They will face No. 2 UConn at Gampel Pavilion in Storrs, Conn.
NOTING OHIO STATE
- The Buckeyes hit the road for the first time this season when they travel to Storrs, Conn., for a matchup with No. 2 UConn.
- Ohio State is coming off its first win of the season as it knocked-off Detroit Mercy last Friday 55-41.
- This is the fifth meeting all-time between the two programs and the first at Gampel Pavilion. The Huskies have won the previous four meetings.
- OSU is tasked with replacing all five starters, its top-six point scorers and 93.3 percent of its total scoring from a season ago. The 93.3 percent is the highest total of any team in the country.
- Ohio State is one of just three teams in the country (Florida St. and Grand Canyon) that have to replace all five starts from last year.
- Ohio State’s 12 player roster boasts eight new faces including five graduate transfers and three true freshmen.
- A total of six Buckeyes have already received their undergraduate degrees and are working in various masters programs this year. That is the highest number of graduates on one roster in the country.
- Point guard Carmen Grande notched her 700th career assist on Nov. 9 vs. Detroit Mercy. She currently has the most assists of any active player in the country, male or female.
- Grande was second in the country last season at 9.2 assists per game.
- Dorka Juhász has recorded a double-double in each of her first two collegiate games.
- Makayla Waterman is the only returning player who has started a game (1) but the five graduate transfers have started a combined 348 games.
- Head coach Kevin McGuff is beginning his sixth season with the Buckeyes. He has led his teams to postseason play in 15 of his 16 years as a head coach.
- Seniors Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Sam and junior Crystal Dangerfield are UConn’s returning starters and the trio was named to watch lists for awards specific to their positions.
- The Huskies welcome two newcomers to the team in 2018-19: No. 1 overall recruit Christyn Williams and No. 5 Olivia Nelson-Ododa.
- Hall of Fame head coach Geno Auriemma enters his 34th season on the sideline for the Huskies.
- The Huskies were picked No. 2 in the preseason AP and USA Today polls.
- UConn is coming off a 36-1 season with the team’s record 11th straight NCAA Final Four appearance.
SERIES HISTORY VS. UCONN
- Sunday’s game will be the fifth meeting between the two schools.
- Connecticut has won all four previous games in the series.
- This is Ohio State’s first trip to Gample Pavilion as the 2016 game was played in Hartford.
- This will be the first meeting between the two teams in which UConn has not been ranked No. 1 and just the second time in which the Buckeyes haven’t been ranked (2013).
- The Buckeyes were ranked No. 13/10 at the time of the game in 2010, No. 7/10 for the 2015 game in Columbus and No. 12/13 for the 2016 contest in Hartford.
- The team’s first meeting came in 2010 at the famed Madison Square Garden where UConn came away with an 81-50 victory.