No. 4 Ohio State 48, Tulsa 3
Saturday, Sept. 10, 2016
Ohio Stadium, Columbus, Ohio
- Urban Meyer improves to 156-27 in his career and maintains the highest winning percentage (.852) among active coaches.
- Meyer is 56-5 in his career in games played in August and September.
- The Buckeyes tallied four interceptions against the Golden Hurricane. The last time Ohio State recorded four interceptions was Oct. 4, 2014, at Maryland.
- The Ohio State defense limited Tulsa to 77 rushing yards on 36 carries for a 2.1 yards-per-carry average.
- Ohio State forced six turnovers (four interceptions/two fumbles) by the Golden Hurricane. The last time the Buckeyes forced at least five turnovers was Sept. 18, 2010, when they forced five against Northern Illinois.
- Marshon Lattimore’s first-quarter interception was the first of his career.
- Malik Hooker’s second-quarter interception was his third interception of the season. Hooker returned it 26 yards for a touchdown, marking the second-consecutive game a Buckeyes has returned an interception for a touchdown after Rodjay Burns. returned his interception 75 yards for a touchdown against Bowling Green last Saturday.
- Later in the second quarter, Lattimore returned an interception 40 yards for a touchdown. The last time Ohio State returned two interceptions for a touchdown in the same game was Nov. 13, 2010, against Penn State when Devon Torrence and Travis Howard each returned an interception for a touchdown.
- Mike Weber’s one-yard touchdown run in the third quarter was the first of his career.
- J.T. Barrett tied his career high with two rushing touchdowns vs. the Golden Hurricane.
- Dontre Wilson’s five-yard rushing touchdown in the fourth quarter marked the second score on the ground of his career.
- Sam Hubbard tallied a career-high six tackles and a career-best two tackles-for-loss.
- Terry McLaurin hauled in three catches for 28 yards. Both totals marked career highs.