COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State men’s basketball team will open the 2011-12 season Nov. 11 at Value City Arena against Wright State as part of the Global Sports Shoot-out, a four-game event highlighted by a home game vs. the University of Florida Nov. 15. Jackson State (Nov. 18) and North Florida (Nov. 21), both at VCA, are the other games in the event.
Ohio State also will play host to the Big Ten/ACC Challenge this season Nov. 29 vs. Duke. Both the Buckeyes and Blue Devils have been tabbed as Top 5 teams in various preseason polls.
The 2012 NCAA Tournament Second and Third Rounds will be held at Nationwide Arena in Downtown Columbus. Ohio State is required to play one game during the 2011-12 regular season in the facility. The Buckeyes and Miami University will play that game Dec. 22. As the host school, Ohio State will not be eligible to play at Nationwide Arena in the 2012 NCAA Tournament should the Buckeyes qualify for the NCAA event.
The 2011-12 home non-conference schedule will include 11 total games with 10 of those secured. One more non-conference game will be scheduled (during bye week) once the Big Ten Conference schedule is determined.
Non-conference road games take the Buckeyes to Kansas Dec. 10 and South Carolina Dec. 17. The Kansas game is the start of a home-and-home series with the Jayhawks. The game vs. South Carolina completes a home-and-home series started in Columbus last season.
Game times and television information will be determined and released at a later date.
2011-12 Ohio State NEW Season Ticket Information
• Current season ticket holders will be receiving renewal invoices in July.
• New 2011-12 Ohio State Men’s Basketball season tickets are on-sale now.
• New season tickets are placed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
• Only way to guarantee tickets to the Duke game Nov. 29 is with season tickets, that game unlikely to be available on a single-game basis.
– Contact Athletic Ticket Sales at 614-292-0043 or AthleticSales@osu.edu to speak with an account representative about ticket options.
– Set up a tour to view season ticket locations currently available
• Multi-game packages and additional ticket information will be available following the release of the Big Ten Conference portion of the 2011-12 schedule.
2011-12 Ohio State Non-Conference Schedule
Nov. 11 – Wright State
Nov. 15 – Florida
Nov. 18 – Jackson State
Nov. 21 – North Florida
Nov. 23 – Virginia Military Institute (VMI)
Nov. 29 – Duke
Dec. 3 – Texas-Pan American
Dec. 10 – at Kansas
Dec. 14 – South Carolina-Upstate
Dec. 17 – at South Carolina
Dec. 20 – Lamar
Dec. 22 – Miami (OH) in Nationwide Arena